What time does season two start?

how is it possible that one season ends and then u have to wait hella days for the next one kind dumb

3 Likes

season one started on the 7th, so hopefully season two should also begin around that. not sure about the pup patch we tested last month.

I would be surprised if season 2 does not start tomorrow. They would deff lose players, some people only play ranked. 1 would expect that the time for season 2 start should be given at the same time as the close of season 1.

hey guys thanks for season 1 ehā€¦ here are the rewards and well cyaā€¦ wait up and check the FAQā€¦
these guys are noobs?

everyone was playing quickmatch before ranked started. the last time zone to enter 1st July is US/Canada. So i hope you are right and we get to play by tomorrow. Which really sucks for AU/NZ players as we have to wait a whole day between seasons to play ranked again.

everyone was only playing quickmatch because ranked wasnā€™t on. I havenā€™t played a single quickmatch since ranked started and probably wonā€™t either.

if the season 2 donā€™t start then people will move on to other games. 7 days is a nice amount of time to get invested in a new game.

We will probably get the update early next week then season 2 will start couple days later like last time.

In the week between they should have couple small things going on, like have show case of user made maps only in quick match

Just come back whenever season 2 is live? I donā€™t get this mentality that you can only play only one game and if you need to wait for something that game is dead.

People play different games all the times, itā€™s okay to do that.

You havenā€™t played many games with ranked seasons before have you? :sweat_smile:

League of Legends, of one the largest games in the world has a 2 month break between ranked seasons. They leave ranked open to play, but it has almost no difference from standard game matches as far as effect is concerned.

And itā€™s been doing it for years and hasnā€™t died :joy:

OK and you just say things to sound smart without thinking them through?

League is 11 million monthly players at this time. Peak for this month for AOE 4 is 9 thousand.

And you think the 11 million player base will leave for a new game or the measly 9 k thatā€™s brand spanking new?

I have been playing ranked for over 13 years in various games. I like AoE 4 and to lose it to dumb decisions would hurt. Dumb decisions like trying pro gaming without even fixing the game first and now this debacle.

You can have a conversation without attacking people, you know that right?

How in the world are the playerbase number relevant to the issue? Lol

You claim that the break in ranked play will cause people to leave the game permanently, and I gave an example of exactly NOT that happening.

2 Likes

What do you mean different games? You mean to say there are other games in the world? Why have I been playing only aoe for the past 20 years!

Iā€™m just trying to prove a point how ridiculous some comments are, that the game will die unless the new season begins today.

People move to different games all the time and most people play more than one game so to say that the game will die if the patch comes next week because people will forget about this game is simply ridiculous.

1 Like

seems like you and me on different wavelengths my man. you donā€™t seem to even comprehend what I am saying.

so no point carrying this on. to you apples and oranges are all the same. to each their own.

Itā€™s fine if you have no defense for why playerbase count effects the claim ā€œif ranked queue stops, players will switch gamesā€

But just say it :sweat_smile: donā€™t be a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about it

1 Like

spell it out for you eh. How long has League been going on for? fan base is set. AOE 4? how many playes from AOE 4 went back to aoe2 ? pros?
why is it so hard for you to see a simple concept?
Age is new, people havenā€™t decided if they are in it or not, so if things go sideways like hey season 1 end and season 2ā€¦ we donā€™t knowā€¦ and you are comparing this to a game that has been out for how many years has had pro seasons for how many years?
and here we have a major tournament going on and ranked season is closed at the same time?
more over pros and content makers are making videos and publicly leaving the game and you are sitting here asking to be bottle fed. i am done with you, keep your head in the sand.

This isnā€™t even close to your original argument against the comparison :joy: you literally just stated each games playerbase count and said 11 million would never stop playing but 9k will.

Of course there are lots of other factors that lead to a games decline. But you didnā€™t mention ANY of them in your first post which i was responding to. Only player numbers

People ARE NOT going to leave AoE4 because one game mode is down for a week. If they do, and state it as the reason, they were already mentally ā€œgoneā€ before the ranked play gap and are just using it as the ā€˜straw on the camles backā€™ to make the choice to leave.

Fortnite and Warzone were both literally unplayable between new and old maps.

Itā€™s VERY normal for there to be some down time between point A and point B in a gameā€™s lifespan. AoE4 being ā€œnewā€ doesnt mean it has canā€™t do normal game things like have down time.

1 Like

dude you are clueless, i figured it was obvious enough that i donā€™t have to explain the minutia of my argument but you are dense so I did it for you. bye.

You started one argument and are now pretending like itā€™s a completely different argument. You didnt even imply anything, you just made a stand-alone statement.

Maybe you INTENDED to imply a deeper point, but you absolutely didnā€™t communicate it if you did intend to. Not my fault you are bad at communicating via type.

2 Likes

The seasonal ladder will kick off at least one week after the update that introduces the new season to give players the chance to adjust to any gameplay changes. So basically when the patch will be out hopefully in the next two to three weeks, and then a week later ranked season two will begin. So basically we have to wait for atleast two to three weeks or more if the patch is delayed.

ref: Age of Empires IV in 2022 ā€“ introducing Seasons, an updated roadmap, and feedback tools - Age of Empires