What will we get to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of aoe3de and the 25th anniversary of the Age of Empires?

Just now aoe4 announced the free update of two civilized Mali Empires, and the Ottoman Empire as a reward for celebrating the 25th anniversary,

so will aoe3de also get free civ as a reward for celebrating the anniversary, such as Berbers?

11 Likes

Adam Isgreen says there is more Age news coming up until release of that DLC but wasn’t specific about which games.

10 Likes

The developers always manage to be as vague as Gandalf on herbs when they talk about upcoming content.

14 Likes

So far we got a new DLC roughly every four or five months. KoTM came out in may, so I guess we can expected something for around late october or november.

5 Likes

They will announce Capybara civ.

30 Likes

I think it was in AoM you could play as gaia units. Capy civ let’s go! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe will be added a free civs from Historical Battles like Berbers, Moroccans and Tatars.

8 Likes

If they keep the pattern it will be a 1 civilisation DLC again.
My bets are on Brazil.

Athantians for AoE3 confirmed?

Algiers = Morocco. The civs had the same gameplay.
The Tatars on the other hand are just reused assets. Chinese villages and all kinda cavalry units.
Same with Canada. No unique new units.
Morocco on the other hand has 4 unique units (one of them shared with the revolution) already.

No it will be Persia. STOP IGNORING ASIA! DEVS HAS BEEN IGNORING ASIA SINCE ASIAN DYNASTY!!!

6 Likes

I’m not a developer, I can’t decide it.
I just bet on Brazil.
Persia has been number 1 on my wish list for a long time too.

8 Likes

I don’t think a Persian civ would just come out by itself considering how much more work it requires. Hopefully next year we get an Asian DLC. I really want an Islamic themed DLC and Persia would be the main attraction much like Italy was for KotM

But yeah, I could see a historical battle civ like Morrocco which I’d love. Brazil is another possibility we all think is coming, it’s just a matter of when not if.

4 Likes

They’re two different developers, I don’t think they do…

Yes, it can be… or at least Morocco, since Berbers and Tatars are assests of civs already used…

People has been asking Persia for a years now. Plus Persia is so unique in its style ( being middle eastern ) that it can come on its own. I see that on October we will have free revamp on Ottoman and Persian DLC that could make it “two civs”

3 Likes

Probably some icons and even some skin, that’s all what I would expect. If I had to speculate, I would think about Otto rework and skins because the last AoE IV update.

At this point I think that an AoM DE is more probable than a full AoE III DLC, other than european or american independent colony.

1 Like

Persians & Arabians (Mameluke and Omani mix) - Middle Eastern DLC

4 Likes

Arabians:

Persians:

5 Likes

Recently, I noticed some art had been changed for Ottoman HC cards. And I think if anything is to come, it would be middle eastern/ islamic.

I hope they revamp the AoE3 ottomans a bit. It seems that the AoE4 ottomans are well designed.

6 Likes

Please what has changed, I don’t remember any changes except the era 3 tc wagon card was removed

Didn’t Ottomans controlled most of Arabian lands?
I think Arabs and Ottomans would overlap.

4 Likes