What would you like AOE 4 to feature?

For me it would be basically a new AOE Rise of Rome but with distinctive architecture and unit design for each civ, also all the convenience features from all the more recent spinoffs and of course unit and tech diversity, like, a lot of technologies and units. I sincerely don’t like the idea which has emerged since AOE 3 which is all that modern realistic stuff which in my opinion is simply boring. AOE: Definitive Edition sucked major balls and since there isn’t really a good RTS with an ancient theme this would be really cool

AoEO fits the description of a good RTS with an ancient theme.

compared to other rts-games out there, really? hmm, nah. It’s old, you know.

AoEO is my favorite in the series. I know I am not alone, but there aren’t a lot of us clanging around this forum these days.

I wouldn’t mind either Antiquity or the Middle Ages. However, since AoE: DE just came out, people might be less interested in seeing another game from the ancient era.

Definitely agree that it should not be any later than the period AoE 3 encompassed.

I want AoE IV to keep the core gameplay elements of AoE II (balance of economy vs military). Additional features I would like in AoE IV:

*World: have dynamic seasons, weather, day/night; more realistic-looking resources (not just a pile of gold!)

• Much larger maps; GIANT maps. PCs today are powerful, so utilize the resources! We want to explore!

*More and smarter unit stance/formation options. Allow multiple groups of units to be further grouped into Armies

*Different naval combat. That is one area I feel has always been neglected. Too many ships in AoE I and II but too few in AoE III. A compromise is needed. Maybe more realistic ship maneuvering?

*More unique units and techs for each civ. For instance, every civ would have slightly different types of light/heavy infantry and cavalry

same here basically, thanks for thinking that out

Hello considering the subject of this thread I would like to give some options of features I’d like to see in AoE4. Relic being a major part of the game , and the creators of some of my all time favorite RTS game series, Company of Heroes/ Company of Heroes 2, I would expect to see the fast paced game focused on micro management of forces as opposed to a string emphasis on resource collection.

The subject of the game I believe would be great if they developed a game based off of multiple era’s as opposed to one set era or epoch, like in Rise of nations, of the previous milestone setter, Empire Earth. So that being said, if the game were to feature multiple ages it would be a hit. Example would be let’s combine all the best ages into one game. Say you sat in the classic age ( aoe 1 ), then the next age tech would be the middle ages (aoe2), the next age tech would be the imperial era (aoe 3) , the 4th could be ww2 (COH influence here), and the final being a modern age ( like in rise of nations modern/information age. All which would be streamlined with unique civs and units that evolve with the tech up of each age. To me that would be an epic game for Aoe 4.

Resource gathering in Aoe2 has always been a pleasure so that factor should be accounted for and allow the player to micro manage their civs, but with a barrow ed mechanic from Rise of Nations and tweaked to focus on the micro stratagem of unit, borrowed from COH series, that would be what I would want to see.

Also Relic has made battles so action packed and the level of detail found in the COH series could be a huge favor , combined with a strong emphasis on the macro of resources would be favored by fans of all these legendary RTS games.

Also let’s not forget WarGame, and how the were able to feature jets and helicopters in a RTS game in a really well done way. If the could include a Vietnam style type of RTS with helicopters as troop drops or offensive roles, along with supply management of units and resources that would be epic.

I’m asking for a lot but just some ideas I had . Thanks and feel free to comment. :slight_smile: