What's new in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition? - Age of Empires

Coming back after a few more games. No more drops apparently, however carefully host in your own region. Seems to work decently lagwise.

Other than that, great graphics. I see most people complain over farm reseeding - I’d rather vote for command queue - that would be a really nice addition. Farms can be reseeded by batch selecting peasants and reseed them, also with the farms upgrades it will just be once in a while - still a bit annoying, but I guess part of the game. Pays to visit town center when in the middle of the battle sometimes :slight_smile:

Path-finding, ELO, some sort of spec mode, replay games - I think these are actually features which would need implemented / improved. Especially path-finding. But overall, if most bugs are fixed, this one should be here to stand. Oh and by the way - maybe disallow players with a different version than the host joining his game with a message to upgrade - when updates are frequent, this happens a lot - and most players don’t know why they are booted (instead of not allowing them to Get Ready).

Going back to command queue - really a must - don’t know how hard to implement is, but shift-queuing a villager to go harvest wood after building a house (as opposed to instantly leaving to harvest) is kind of a must-have feature nowadays. Same goes for path-finding. And the same goes for idling units when the enemy is near them. Don’t know how hard to implement / modify code is, but it’s a bit pathetic not having it.

installed game, worked twice then stopped. reinstalled, doesn’t work again.

How do you stop the voice over? Everything that I scroll over, it TELLS ME. The kind of trees, the workers, animals, even exit!

Bought it and can’t play it. Crashes and opens the windows store. Really?

Great remake!

The game instantly crashes to the desktop. I could play it for some hours, before the problem arose. A reinstallation fixed the problem, but it returned after some hours. I cannot download 17GB all over again every other day, this is ridiculous!
Fix this Problem!

pls improve pathfinding

now i even can’t reinstall the game, due to download error…

troppo bello

resources on multiplayer maps are lacking in quantity. please fix this

Install the game but when you start a game it closes.
I never get to play.
How can it be solved?
Thank you

Really disapointing. After pressing a bottom it takes almost 5 secs to respond in the menu. Online multiplayer menu is an horror. There is a limited resources in map and impossible to mantain a game in the long period like 2 hours. There is no gates so its need to wall himself and them destroy one block if wanna get in or get out. Lack of bottoms like patrol mode from AOE 2. After an atack the vills cannont be garrinson to be protected. This has only graphics but a very ancient design if wanna play war games against others. I would have wait until december if the game was worthy but not like this. And the farms: did they forget the existence in the AOE 2 game about the bottom in the mill? And the internet connections… omg… very bad.
I expected that you take care of a game from 1997 and adapted him to be a good war game in XXI century using expertise that you get in AOE 2 Hd but no. They just take the game, add new hd graphics and voilá… its served and lets grabb some 20€ each.

I would’ve thought I could use my Surface without a keyboard and mouse. No touchscreen command buttons? I don’t hate the game, but i guess Microsoft didn’t pay you developers enough to keep working on this remake. I was really hoping for this game to knock those mobile games (Clash of Clans, etc…) that copied this original beauty of a game, off their thrones. AOE Castle Siege was alright, but was a Free-mium, grinding game, but this could’ve been the stand alone King of RTS. Please

@Gunny0629USMC said:
I would’ve thought I could use my Surface without a keyboard and mouse. No touchscreen command buttons? I don’t hate the game, but i guess Microsoft didn’t pay you developers enough to keep working on this remake. I was really hoping for this game to knock those mobile games (Clash of Clans, etc…) that copied this original beauty of a game, off their thrones. AOE Castle Siege was alright, but was a Free-mium, grinding game, but this could’ve been the stand alone King of RTS. Please REALLY consider adding this feature. Thank you.

Sincerely,

One of Microsoft’s last loyal customers.

@Gunny0629USMC said:

@Gunny0629USMC said:

I would’ve thought I could use my Surface without a keyboard and mouse. No touchscreen command buttons? I don’t hate the game, but i guess Microsoft didn’t pay you developers enough to keep working on this remake. I was really hoping for this game to knock those mobile games (Clash of Clans, etc…) that copied this original beauty of a game, off their thrones. AOE Castle Siege was alright, but was a Free-mium, grinding game, but this could’ve been the stand alone King of RTS. Please REALLY consider adding this feature. Thank you.

Sincerely,

One of Microsoft’s last loyal customers.
That’s very accurate, MS don’t pay properly, that’s why this isn’t getting the adequate success.

A great remake! Installed perfectly and plays well. Pathing is fine and NO problems. Seems to lack an option to “play on” once victorious. Limited maps. Mini map could be higher def. I love kbd and mouse and prefer desktops to tablets and other touch screen devices since my fingers aren’t pointed…lol I see a lot of folks that are either on very limited hardware or lacking computer literacy and suggest they get help instead of bashing the folks who made this great game even better! Thanks!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

@MHudster15 said:
How do you stop the voice over? Everything that I scroll over, it TELLS ME. The kind of trees, the workers, animals, even exit!

Have the same problem, have you already solved it?

WE NEED GATES ON WALLS! And more traditional siege weapons… battering ram and trebuchets

Gates on walls needed!!!
Market carts needed
Market buy/sell needed

@TubelessWeb2240 said:
WE NEED GATES ON WALLS! And more traditional siege weapons… battering ram and trebuchets

Perhaps play AoE II for that?