What's new in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition? - Age of Empires

@TubelessWeb2240 said:
WE NEED GATES ON WALLS! And more traditional siege weapons… battering ram and trebuchets

Its a joke right?

Downloaded to my windows 10 pc. Loads fine until I try to actually play at which point it goes back to the AOE page on the Microsoft store. Need a refund.

question #1 can I shut off the voice person/narrator ? and my clubmen will not attack the just stand there. and no I have not played in several years. Did not think I forgot that much. I did a lot on steam but life would not let me.

You ruined an iconic game. Absolutely horrible. The AI is the worst ever. Everyone involved needs to be fired. Shame on you Microsoft.

When will there finally be ELO Ratings/ a working rating system like in AoE2HD? It’s impossible to find a good game in MP atm, making MP unplayable.

So many idiotic comments on here (add gates, doesn’t support touch etc) … it’s a remaster of a classic game, not a brand new game.

@“Packrat 2210” Just go to Options -> Settings and disable all checkboxes below Accessibility…

I can’t play!! when I press start it Crash…

Thank you for return us the game on Windows 10! I love it!

@KikeVanKing said:
Thank you for return us the game on Windows 10! I love it!

missing only can install it on desk pc and laptop with my account

Awesome

Where can I find out what a “hotkey” is? None of my keyboard keys is even tepid.

@IrishRover4553 You can see and change them through Options -> Hotkeys. I agree the could create an informative page about this and add some more explanations.

Would be nice to put in some of the AOE II things like, being able to build multiple farms. I gets super old, even just right clicking because they time out so fast. If it never timed out that would be better but the best would be to be able to make them in advance.

I still can’t play when I start a campaign, then the game crashes and I land back on the desktop. I have updated all drivers etc. (System: Core i3 6100,16GB DDR4 Ram, AMD R7 370 2GB VRam. Dell 34" UHD monitor). What can I do?

Kinda frustrating after playing AoE 2. I would like to see reseed farms because it’s super annoying always having to rebuild them. Especially mid late game when you’re dealing with conquests. Other things that I miss are flares to coordinate with allies, palace that ytou can exchange resources for gold like the market in AoE2, garrison buildings, and finally gates. I get trying to keep the game like the original which I’m fine with, but since it was redone it would be so nice to implement some of the great changes you guys made with AoE 2. Especially the farms and having the ability to buy them in advance.

@BreakingLoki256 said:
Kinda frustrating after playing AoE 2. I would like to see reseed farms because it’s super annoying always having to rebuild them. Especially mid late game when you’re dealing with conquests. Other things that I miss are flares to coordinate with allies, palace that ytou can exchange resources for gold like the market in AoE2, garrison buildings, and finally gates. I get trying to keep the game like the original which I’m fine with, but since it was redone it would be so nice to implement some of the great changes you guys made with AoE 2. Especially the farms and having the ability to buy them in advance.

Right click in the farm to replant.

@WaterAlloy78520 said:
Downloaded to my windows 10 pc. Loads fine until I try to actually play at which point it goes back to the AOE page on the Microsoft store. Need a refund.

Go to the online support, wait in the queue and describe that “the software does not work. Please refund my purchase.” It may help if you inform the online support person that you uninstalled the game.

Oh. Be as polite as you can be. Can’t hurt.

(I uninstalled the game I was able to obtain a refund…“your mileage may vary” )

Very disappointed with this remake for two reasons. Like a lot of people I like to play defensively on hard levels. Lot’s of walls and strong holds. Without the ability to make gates this is just too frustrating to play. And why can’t you exchange resources at the market? If you run out of any natural resource; game over. Not realistic. I’m pulling out my old CD’s and installing the original game on an old PC I have. Much better game play. When will they learn it’s not about the graphics…it’s all about the game play experience which for some reason they chose to really screw up.

@SqualidRhombus6 said:
Very disappointed with this remake for two reasons. Like a lot of people I like to play defensively on hard levels. Lot’s of walls and strong holds. Without the ability to make gates this is just too frustrating to play. And why can’t you exchange resources at the market? If you run out of any natural resource; game over. Not realistic. I’m pulling out my old CD’s and installing the original game on an old PC I have. Much better game play. When will they learn it’s not about the graphics…it’s all about the game play experience which for some reason they chose to really screw up.

You can wall up and will actually have to with certain missions on hard or hardest. Did you know you can select one block of your wall and press the delete key. Guess what, it’s gone, there’s your gate. You go through with your units and build back that one block again. You might have some towers with your wall, so it’s smart to keep workers around to repair them anyway. :slight_smile:

In this version towers and walls actually have some use and with good defensive play and not spilling your resources you can finally become the winner. It takes a hell of lot time though.

AOE I never had gates or resource exchanging at markets. You can trade certain resources for gold with merchant ships with allies or enemies (requires naval domination) on maps with water. Regarding lack of resources, you probably should push more by moving up the lines faster instead of staying in or around your fortified area, even on an island you will not win by staying on that island. If I can choose between getting expensive resources far away instead of using those close to my own base, I will take those far away first.

Maybe you should have waited for AOE II DE release. This version requires more micro traditionally and with the higher pop cap it’s difficult to balance those differences in e.g. pathfinding between the more micro (working with small groups) or more macro play (sending large armies with the new attack move function).