What's your favorite campaign and/or civilization from any of the AoE games?

I’ll start first, my favorite campaign was Attila the Hun from The Conquerors expansion and how EVERY time I start the first part, I would almost recite what Bleda would say to him. Soon after, I would go on a rescue to save the Scythian Prince just to have unlimited Mangudai (always supplied with 10 of them at a time).
My favorite civilization, well there was a few of them…Persians, Mongols, and Byzantines…but I would have to say that I really liked the Byzantines the most (mostly because of the horses when I was younger and kinda grew on me more over the years).

Ogh… AoE II everywhere. Seriously dudes, this is the Age of Empires Definitive Edition forum so, at least, say which one is your favorite civilization or campaign from the first AoE…

Btw, my favorite civs are Babylonians and Choson.

Wrong forum, dude.

The Babylonian campaign had some really interesting maps. Even though I used to hate “The Great Hunt” and “Island Hopping” (Yamato), those are actually interesting missions.

Not your standard “Improved random map” type of mission :wink:

On a side note, one of the missions of Babylon with the priests + archers is fun to convert the enemy transport and drop off the red enemy into the brown base and watch their corpses appear in the fog XD Then I go straight to their island and convert them, way easier than letting them build up while you struggle on the nearby sparsely resourced island!

So difficult to answer

I enjoyed some of the Babylonian campaigns recently then bizarrely it started telling me I didn’t have the CD, I was on the Great Hunt on Hardest when it stopped working :(. Playing Battlegrounds, then Xcom and then Warhammer 2 whilst I await AOE:DE

First Punic War, Battle of Tunes scenario:

aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2622

All Roman Campaings.

Fertile Crescent questline AoEO

My favourite civ from:
AoE - Minoan
RoR - Palmyran/Roman
AoE2 - Byzantine
AoC - Mayans
AoFE - Indians
AoE: AK - Ethiopians
AoE :RotR - Vietnamese
AoM - Hades
AoM: EE - Gaia

Other than that haven’t really played many of the other games, my favourite campaign in AoE: RoR will probably be the Babylonian one when you start with Priest, as it’s the only one I remember.

Funny that my favourite is actually the learning campaign - Ascent of Egypt.

Probably for nostalgic reasons over anything else but it was such a solid introduction to my first ever RTS. Starting the Ascent of Egypt with game manual at the ready… Those were the days.

Favourite civ is Egyptian… I’m boring lol.

@“Helios Ra” said:
Funny that my favourite is actually the learning campaign - Ascent of Egypt.

Me too
I think it is because was the only one I passed on the first try.

Age of Empires II campaigns had an excellent range of great missions and great story. Particularly liked the final missions of Saladin (Lion and the Demon) and Barbarossa (The Emperor Sleeping).

Among the original AoE campaigns, I would say the Pax Romana campaign, which featured an excellent mission against Anthony and Cleopatra which saw a need for a player to manage multiple areas at once, and the amazing Ctesiphon mission, which featured a beautiful Persian city (on the far right), and numerous dangerous ambushes by enemies along the dangerous road.

@mythdracon said:
Among the original AoE campaigns, I would say the Pax Romana campaign, which featured an excellent mission against Anthony and Cleopatra which saw a need for a player to manage multiple areas at once, and the amazing Ctesiphon mission, which featured a beautiful Persian city (on the far right), and numerous dangerous ambushes by enemies along the dangerous road.

Now that you mention it, those are some of the better campaign scenarios.

The Russians from Age of Empires II and III