When are Aztec Coyotes going to be buffed?

acabei de perde um jogo pra japão meu oponenente tinha 30 yumi eu tinha 20 coyotes tentei atacar com coyotes e perdi todos para os yumis e inacreditavel como essa unidade e fraca

Ah I see, sorry for my ignorance at this point hahaha

Anyway, he thought that an Aztec has many tools in a didactic way, I would not like at all that they buff the coyotes because they already have a good considerable damage, Even if you put an Aztecs in trouble with the musketeer-falconet combo, the Aztecs can ambush you with the jaguars when doing the combo and I say it from experience that it works, another thing that coyotes have that receive less damage from their counter, like dragons and musketeers have a slightly lighter multiplier against light infantry

this is wrong. cannons do not have a multi vs coyote

7 Likes

In my opinion coyotes should have it’s multiplier vs artillery buffed by 1.5x OR it’s base hp +5 for a total of 160 hp. This would bring it in line with the 2 pop 320 hp hussar, while coyotes are slightly more expensive when combined compared to hussars at 85 food 25 wood/coin x2 = 170 food 50 wood/coin, they also do more damage when combined 18+18=36, but are also slower. Overall coyotes could use a slight buff to deal with skirms better but nothing drastic imo. Imperial coyotes with 160 hp, cap at 352 hp, half of most imperial hussars with upgrades at 704 hp. Aztec coyotes should be more competitive vs Inca chimus that’s why +5 hp will help in the late game where it takes an Inca chimu 8 shots to kill a coyote, the coyote takes 9, it’s also slower, no special ability like no snare, and it’s more expensive than the chimu, that’s why a +5 hp is the way to go.

I believe that no cannon has a negative multiplier against cavalry and shock infantry. Except for the Ottoman bombardment. Someone clarified it for me in another forum.

Lil’ Bombards, Culverins, and Sebastopol Mortars all have penalties against cavalry and shock infantry.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s a good idea, I remind you that most of the anti-cavalry units in the game have lower multipliers against light infantry than against cavalry, if you convert the coyote into an equivalent of a Husar, they will be stronger in the practice. Coyotes only need a small multiplier vs artillery and nothing else.

2 Likes

i mostly agree with this. 160 hp would be the highest in can be without significantly affecting major breakpoints (elite coyo would have 200hp,which wouldn’t affect their falc breakpoint - 2 hits before coyo combat, 3 afterwards - among others).

i think silent strike would fit in as a way to add that artillery multi in, personally. the card is quite poor and hard to fit into a deck. 160 base hp would be fairly inconsequential for changing the unit besides a tiny all around buff. (probably)

the other issue with coyo in lategame, not sup of course, is train time. truthfully, my intuition says if silent strike was moved to age 1, added +.5 vs artillery & the stealth, and then fencing school dropped their train time by 40% too (or a coyote card, something to that effect) then they would really shine.

I agree, coyote are extremely efficient in supremacy, honestly they are an excellent unit in most regards especially after double carded. tiny little tweak to train time and a small buff vs artillery and i would expect to see complaints within 2 days that coyote are op, with or without 160 base hp

an alternative to a speed boost I think that works with its design is to steal a design from the new Salteador and have their stealth mode have no speed debuff, meaning you can roam them around the map and set up ambushes much more easily. Stealth mode are also effectively shields that prevent other units from attacking them so they can make contact

They are not that good, even with both cards. (Coyote stealth is useless in late game)

Well, what I’m I suppose to do when enemies are covered with walls and other structures? Sniping any unit that tries to get close, and can’t counter them because of lack of artillery. With a few AK’s, I first open a gap (with lots of efford) and let pass coyotes but they are so inefficient and hard to micro.

1 Like

They are good for early-mid game. But in the late game, they are soo inefficient.

When did that happen? Because they are still so bad.

What? That’s even worse, they get their speed (their main advantage) greatly reduced.

1 Like

cover mode reduces siege damage by 50% as well

2 Likes

Nope. Aztec are weak vs any Skimr+Goon+Cannon combo. As I said, coyotes should be able to do great damage but get obliterated by skirms and cannons (units they suppose to counter). Any coyote that gets too close gets killed by goons as those have multipliers vs shock infantry.

3 Likes

That combo normally I faced with otomin + eagle + coyote or arrow knight. It is a pretty strong and decent combo, you have some advantage if you managed to upgrade them to Elite and send yourself the temple upgrades and also get 10 WP in the square with the war ceremony. I remind you, that ALL Native American civilizations have serious problems dealing with artillery in the early game. In fact, from personal experience, the best to destroy artillery are the Aztecs, the arrow knights do their job much better than the huaracas.
Similarly, I agree with the boys on one point, coyotes need multiplier vs artillery, kanyas, ax ryders and chimus have it.

Yeah, good luck vs 8 cannons. Artillery completely destroys them, falconets do true damage even vs AK’s as siege damage is direct and has splash damage, also AK’s have not the range and shot speed of a culverin.

Falconet 26 range, AK’s 30 range, culverin 34 range. Cannon can hit them even before they do the 1st shot, that shot animation sucks as culverin have instantaneous shot.

At the speed cost, they are literally cannon fodder. Cover mode is not that great 3 falconets still 1 shot a group of coyotes.
Not to mention good players will mix some melee anti-shock infantry to stop them.

Come on brother, I was under the obligation to do that on more than one occasion, not only with Aztecas, but also with Lakotas, Haud and Incas, it really costs a lot, but that is the main weakness that all natives have.
I know, it’s very desperate when a Dutch, Brit or Mexican arrives at your base with 8 falc, and you only have melee units, but hey, that’s why people prefer to play with pure Europeans, they take out some culverins and that’s it. If there was true balance, culverins would be available to natives or artillery would be blocked if your opponent is native, but doing that is ridiculous.

3 falconets will not 1 shot a cover mode coyote, even in age 2,it takes 4 of them. 310 effective hp with no cards or upgrades. the point that me, and everyone else is trying to make about cover mode is that you charge in and cover them afterwards, letting them soak damage, and then let your erks and arrow knights do the actual damage. Coyote are a high damage per pop, medium hp per pop unit. they are fine up until the latest stages of the game, where if they got a better train time, they would be more or less absolutely fine. if they absolutely had to be buffed in any regard, getting +10rr in age 5 would probably be more than adequate