When the June-Patch will go online?

But you forgot here, that we are not in the Beta anymore. We did pay for this game and we can expect a few things. The basics should work fine 7 months after release - they don’t “implement” anything new there…

1 Like

If you look at the statistics for players, drops are very rare, especially for higher level players.

Many “drops” are people Alt-F4ing. I blame that in the large majority of cases. I believe some locales may be more vulnerable to drops because of their ISP or location relative to the available server hosts, but that’s just an educated guess.

Lags are rare, as well.

Pathing is an issue, as is balance, but balance is better than ever and the multiplayer is really quite solid for a game like this IMO. Compared to many other games around it’s very good; have you ever actually experienced BAD matchmaking? It can be a heck of a lot worse than DE 11.

Be patient. The devs are obviously working on it based on all the previous patches and their update history, and I’m quite optimistic for the future.

2 Likes

I agree with you that the basics should work properly. However, I’m extremely grateful that AOE2 is still being developed at all, I wouldn’t have thought it would be possible a few years ago. Also, new, small functions are being implemented all the time. With a legacy engine that’s not always easy, as the past has shown. The top priority should be that the basics work well, and new features, when well tested, are always welcome.

1 Like

Recently i tried to play HD. It was really terrible. That game felt so slow, so much worse. The ingame flow of DE is much better. The game at HD even crashes, while i have no crashes at all with DE. The current state of DE is much better than the state of HD.

That doesnt mean that the bugs needs to be fixed. Some players still experience crashes, units getting stuck, bad path finding, … These all needs to be taken seriously by the devs. They should try and patch those things.

3 Likes

What is this? I cannot still understand if we get a patch

1 Like

July patch = patch on july, might be on 1st july might be on 31.

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean, a patch this weak…

1 Like

Probably after the steam sale ends.

The community team has announced that there will be a July patch instead of a June patch. Please continue the discussion in that announcement topic here: 📰 New Matchmaking Customization (and more) coming this July! (AoE2)