When watching the game, the player's perspective does not match the players in the game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:101.101.58850.0 8160343
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When watching the game, the player’s perspective does not match the players in the game.
When I choose player 6 to watch, the player’s perspective in the game is player 4

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

Same problem-------------------------------------------

Same here since the last update. It get`s back to normal after several attempts though

I usually avoid that by switching players using the method where I press SHIFT+Click on a unit/building controlled by the player I want to watch. It still shows the wrong player in that drop-down in the bottom left, but at least it shows me the blue player when I shift+clicked a blue building.

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, we are already tracking this issue!

1 Like

Hi @IkoKnight8151,
this bug is reported for several months now. Apparently the played id’s are mixed with color id’s in the player selection menu. Should be seemingly easy to fix.

There were several patches and even new DLC. Why is this confusing issue not fixed yet?

1 Like