When will balance changes end?

Balance changes will never end.

As tournament prize pools keep increasing, new geniuses will appear revolutionizing the game. Our Lord Daut already did this in Red Bull Wololo 3. He showed that ranged cavalry was a thousand times more viable than people gave it credit for, and that it could even leave the reigning world champion perplex.

2 Likes

What do you think to make the game unbalance for a certain time?
To open a variety of strategies and ways to play the game that shift the meta
Iā€™m talking about introduce some gimmicks -buffs or nerfs- for 1 or 2 weeks to some units

Put others maps like Arena, Black Forest amd you will see Pro players pick anothers civs.
Look last RBW, in some mix maps Italians and Portugeses are the most picked civsā€¦

But is a Naval civ. They are strong in water

Camels are effective against civs can go Cavalry Archers+Light Cavalry or Knights.

Turks, Magyars, Tatars, Cumans, Mongols has good Hussars and Cavalry Archers.
Turks has the worst spearman-line. If you see halbs when playing as Indians make Hand Cannons or Cavalry Archers.

Franks, Burgundians, Lithuanians, Teutons, Magyars (and more) has good Knights.
If you see halbs switch something else instead of camels.

Indian Camels are weird, they are completely camel civ but I think Saracens has better Camels. Indians needs change but they arenā€™t just useful against Turks.

They are Naval civ so donā€™t expect much from them. I remember I played a game and after completely boomed (takes a lot of time) I spammed Two Handed Swordsman all over the map. On team game itā€™s possible but on most of games itā€™s hard.

1 Like

On Voobly everybody play multiplayer, on DE itā€™s about 20%. And now the number of players is extraordinary high on DE because of the newly released Lords of the West DLC. I donā€™t see any reduction in the AOE2 playersbase on Voobly. Itā€™s about the same since 2010.