Where did everyone go?

You’re right. A moderate group of bombard cannons can deal with mass onagers or scorpions. However, bombard cannons are expensive, slow to produce, and not every civ has access.

I wish eagles and light cavalry would receive reduced damage from simultaneous siege hits (within 1 second or so) to counter mass siege. So, a single onager or scorpion would remain just as effective against them. Even a couple of siege weapons firing independently would remain effective. But, a black-forest dozen would have capped damage.

That would ruin siege engines though. The point of massed siege engines is to be able to do mass damage. Light cav can run up to the siege, even if you lose a lot of units you will still take out way more rss than you lost, especially if we’re on black forest

Yes, that’s exactly the suggestion. @WithdrawnGame raised the concern that the team game experience can be ruined by mass siege. I am suggesting that there should be a viable counter that all civs have access to.

They do, it is called lightcav/hussars

Well it was the reason I stopped playing. Constant map dodging + long queue times, then when you finally get a game someone drops within the first 10 minutes and the game is ruined. I just got so tired of it, I’d rather play a game like Dota 2 where they don’t have these issues.

1 Like

Withdrawn and company (not sure if friends or alt accounts) play on non standard settings with non standard resources (death match start with treaty and 300+ population)The fact that his comment talks about actually getting 30 siege onagers on the field like it is a common occurrence should be enough to see that. The game isn’t balanced around game modes like that. It’s why death match is normally played as a mirror match.

Furthermore siege is countered by the scout line pretty well.

It would literally be impossible to balance this game around all game modes without straight up changing civ design and balance based on the game mode.