Which is your favorite civilization and why?

@kylobeetle said:

@Ringoblood said:
I would have to say the Romans and Greeks both. I am in the process of working on my Ph.D in Biblical Studies, and I am a big fan of Early Church History, so with that said, i love the history of the Roman Empire. I also fancy the Greek Empire, mainly bc, the New Testament of Bible was written in Greek, and it was preserved in the Greek until it was translated into the English in 1611 by King James board of scholars, into what we have today as the English bible.

Thats pretty impressive imo, thanks for sharing your thoughts :).

As you can tell from my post here and other post in the forum i dont really play these games (History Bases) for the mechanics (RTS,RPG Type, ect.) But I play these for the Rich History, Social Science, Lore, and Art Value.

Choson: Strong legions, defense bonus (+2 tower range), cheap priests, and get the helepolis :smiley:

@LegoVogel said:
Choson: Strong legions, defense bonus (+2 tower range), cheap priests, and get the helepolis :smiley:

Choson are actually pretty strong imo, they are an awesome choise along others civs … long life the legions!

And with short shortsman not needing to be researched, you can start using them fast from bronze ;p

@Penelinfi said:
And with short shortsman not needing to be researched, you can start using them fast from bronze ;p

Tell me if I’m wrong, but, you do need to research the short swordmen, it’s like a golden helmet. Am I wrong?

@kylobeetle said:

@Penelinfi said:

Tell me if I’m wrong, but, you do need to research the short swordmen, it’s like a golden helmet. Am I wrong?

They have indicated that they will adopt the Upatch in the definitive edition so no short sword research.

I’m downloading the Upatch atm to see what it feels like

Back in time i used to play at the old msn Gaming zone wiht a clan that we have created with some friends, and no doubts that fot the type of DeathMatch on line game the religion Choson used to be really strong. One of the things that i used to enjoy most was play a war 3x3 where everyone used to pick CHOSON and we started a legendary wars. That sound that a lot of swords use to do was magical to my ears!!!

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@kylobeetle said:

@Penelinfi said:

Features - UPatch HD

They have indicated that they will adopt the Upatch in the definitive edition so no short sword research.

I’m downloading the Upatch atm to see what it feels like

thanks! I will take a look on that Upatch

I liked Minoan for their cheap warships, Choson for their strong infantry, and Hittites for the long +4 range on their warships (which was nerfed later) and high HP on siege.

Gotta go with Yamato as well, love the Asian aesthetics and the cav and villager bonus is too good!

@xFingolfin said:
Gotta go with Yamato as well, love the Asian aesthetics and the cav and villager bonus is too good!

@xFingolfin said:

You have a good taste in civs :stuck_out_tongue:

The poll so far:

No one loves Palmyrans :lol:

@KingDarBoja said:
The poll so far:

No one loves Palmyrans :lol:

the tanky vills :stuck_out_tongue:

Palmyra made me cry whenever I got them as my civ.

Eygpt are my favourite for the super scythes, nothing stops you in RM in the Iron.

Persians

A ) +30% hunting
B ) War Elephant, Armored Elephant, Elephant Archer units 50% faster
C ) Trireme +30% fire rate

A civilization good for the beginning of the game (because of the hunting bonus) and for the late game (because of the bonus of the units), and war elephants are something horribly effective and nice to look at.

@UnknownMortal looks so awesome !!

Vikings,

Own the waterways…

Romans and Chartaginians, and also Greeks … the most famous civilizations in Mediterranean …

If we are talking Age 1:

Persians all the way!

If it’s AOE2 however:

It’s a close shave between Teutons and the Vikings, but leaning slightly more to the Teutons.

@FossilSquid4722 yes, it’s about age1, but I also like your other option for age2 . awesome