Which operating system(OS) do YOU use?

Windows 10, like most people!

Windows 10

I use both. They are very similar. If you guys are used to 7, will be not problem upgrading to 10. Win 10 is actually pretty light.

Voted! I use Win 10 on three machines and a lot of our customers have it now. Considering the minimal issues we experienced so far and the extra features that are available I am not planning to go back. The OS is more than 1,5 years old so most of the bugs are gone I guess

Windows 10. Except for some annoying problems where the computer doesn’t stay sleeping, Cortana nagging me to use it, and occasional problems with a lagging mouse (very frustrating but rare and intermittent), I’m very pleased with this OS.

Windows 10 on all my machines. And a Virtual Machine with XP to old games… and… DosBox to older games… :slight_smile:

I have different operative systems in desktop-PC, including Windows 10 and Windows 7 (most used ones), and a Laptop with Windows 8.1 too. And in addition I have older Windows 95, 98 and XP working in secondary hard-disks too.

Mr Windows I am.

On this Laptop I’m on win10, bought in the last 8 months and had it as OEM OS, the best PC at home. Surely realeasing only for win10 is a little too restrictive but many games are exclusive for some hardware anyway.

I’ve been on Windows 10 Home since the free update offer. Prior Windows 7 and I currently dual boot Windows 10 Insider preview 16215 and Fedora Core 25 Workstation.

Windows 7. I have to use Windows 10 computers at school and I don’t like it.

EDIT : If you use more than one OS, put the OS that you prefer in the poll!

I use Windows 10, macOS, and Linux (Kubuntu).

But I don’t think it matters. Non-Windows operating systems are never going to get support for this, because they can’t. The original game never supported them.

There would be some value in supporting older versions of Windows, but not a lot. Windows 10 was available for a free upgrade, and it’s a better, more modern, and most importantly more secure, operating system. I don’t think they should be putting in effort to support an operating system that was superseded 5 years ago. Windows 8 support would be quite reasonable though.

Windows 10, because I got it for free, and honestly if anything it runs faster than 7.

I actually use all three at home. Windows 10, Linux (Ubuntu GNOME), macOS. I sorted them in descending order to using times. I would have loved to see this getting released for Linux, but i guess it is a Microsoft Product after all.

I use multiple operating systems but the most convenient is Windows 10

Windows 10!

@ZagorathAus said:
I use Windows 10, macOS, and Linux (Kubuntu).

But I don’t think it matters. Non-Windows operating systems are never going to get support for this, because they can’t. The original game never supported them.

There would be some value in supporting older versions of Windows, but not a lot. Windows 10 was available for a free upgrade, and it’s a better, more modern, and most importantly more secure, operating system. I don’t think they should be putting in effort to support an operating system that was superseded 5 years ago. Windows 8 support would be quite reasonable though.

Just to know the original game was supporting Mac OS X and also the way that games are created makes it easy to create versions for all operating systems… It is just a marketing decision.

But you are correct it is going to remain a Windows 10 exclusive. :slight_smile:

I must agree… not everyone is pleased with windows 10, besides that, windows 7 is very stable. I think they should let it run from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 (and of course windows 10 too).

Since today I’ve been using W10. Not that I upgraded specifically for AoE, but I was thinking about it for some time and the announcement of this game made me do it.

I used all Windows versions since XP: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. I’m currently using Windows 10 Insider Preview.