Why are Franks considered OP?

Edit: I know this is a massive tangent but imma still throw it out here

1- in late imperial it can devolve into a subset of units but thats a problem thats bigger on open maps tg (xbow knights meta and all)
And while closed map tgs dont have too many more generic units used the number of UUs you see on closed maps that you wouldnt on open map tgs more than compensates for that:
mangudai, huskarls, organs, conqs, janniseries, wagons, elephant UUs, obuch, kamayuks, coustellier (spelling?), plumes, longbows, mamalukes, camel archers, konniks, cataphracts, woad raiders, genoese, rattans, leitis, keshik, tuetonic knights
I know this looks like i just copy pasted a list off UUs randomly but these are all UUs i saw in rage forest 3. Somewhere throughout trying to write that list i had to stop and ask what UUs i didnt see 11.

2- I don’t know when the last time you played black forest was but its less of a boomfest (if it ever was, idk ive just become more aware of the meta) now that walls and houses have been nerfed. While you can be extra extra careful with your walling, breakin in has become a much bigger possibility. On arabia and other open maps you always go feudal play then castle, and on rare occasions you go drush fc (isnt that less commen now?). On other closed maps like fortress you always boom and on arena its between fc cd, fc boom, smush and fast imp. While i enjoy all those maps black forest has way more diverse possibilities. All the tools you use on arabia openings like archers, scouts, militia, maa (maybe not worth seperating from militia cause the almost always upgrade them looking for bigger dmg), towers, laming, vill fights and quickwalls are used on black forest because of the fact that it is initially open and because palisade and houses are easier to break (plus sneaks). Similarly the castle plays from arabia are all used on black forest, knight spam, xbows and manganols which i know arent many units but thats arabia meta. Anything viable on arena is also viable on black forest such as castle drops fc boom fast imp, smush and some of these such as fast imp are even better on BF because of the lakes. And yes if you turtle up and defend well enough (not always possible) you can go for those late game powerhouse units. And again this isnt just on paper these are all atrats i saw in RF3. No other map has as much action dark age to imp and post imp.

3- this last point im not 100% on but i get the impression that civilisation diversity and balance is better on BF. Throught the civ draft and watching the matches there was no civ that i saw and thought this civ has no play or is just and inferior version of another and they used pretty much all civs (new dlc excluded cause old patch). Its certians more diverse than arabia where most archer civs are objectively worse versions of britons and mayans, but whether its more diverse that other closed maps or nomad style maps im not sure

I didn’t even read your post.

They just are. 19 pop age up with 54 HP scouts and superb economy with the free farm upgrade, and can transition into skirms if they need to.

And the free farm upgrade in castle, the free bloodlines on the knights, and to top it all- after you are so much ahead, its easy to close out games with the cheap castles.

1 Like