Why can't players view the map after the game?

Why can’t players view the map after the game, but force them to enter the score settlement interface?
I personally like to review the map repeatedly after the game, which has a great sense of achievement. At the same time, I can summarize some details that can not be observed in the game. Why should aoe4 cancel this mechanism?

15 Likes

They cancelled most of good mechanisms lol

1 Like

is it confirmed that its cancelled and just not something available in the beta?

1 Like

No it’s not, but naturally we’ll assume it is so we can complain.

Hopefully it’s there on launch. We know there will be replays, which let’s you view the map, but they also really should let you view it easily immediately after a game.

4 Likes

One of the leaked achievement is watching record of your previous game, so I don’t think it is a big problem without map-viewing after game. (But surely it’s quite inconvenience though.)

1 Like

Not so much of a leak when the game developer itself is the one publishing the achievements:

I reeeeeeeally hope they add that to the release version. I assume they will, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Hopefully they add it. Always liked being able to view the map when the game is over

2 Likes

I am going to necro this thread because I am surprised that the full release of the game does not include this.

This is a great game and so many little things have so much attention poured into it, but then basic functions like viewing the map after a match are none existent. It is so puzzling.

4 Likes

Yeah right now only solution is to watch replays.

I have no idea who are making the decisions on this game, but it’s someone that doesn’t play AoE. How can there even be so many wrong things with the game? Literally not a single thing was improved from Beta.

Am I blind or is there really no way to look at the entire map in retrospect in multiplayer?