Why Dev's what's to make this game pay to win?

Getting the US for doing the challenge events wasn’t free, it was pay for otherwise unpaid game-testing chores conducted by completing repeated monotonous tasks over and over again like a guinea pig running an obstacle course.

1 Like

Yeah, i am mostly talking about treaty post imp fully carded situations the new c is are not on the Same level at all. I mean even Japan Asian dynasty civ was liek that, but afterwards all civs have had soo many upgrade cards that civs like dutch just can’t compare

I really don’t care you didn’t like these challenges, but please- stop lying. US civ was a free reward in a free event available to everyone.

Game testing of what? US? But it wasn’t available, obviously, in that event.
Game itself? What gameplay part were being tested during that event? I don’t remember any new mechanics introduced during that event.

‘Free’ is not a synonym for ‘automatically assigned to user account free of charge and without any user effort’. You can have the most nonsensical definition of the word ‘free’, but there is no need to share it with the rest of the world.

I can see this event left a deep trauma.

2 Likes

*who happened to already own the game already at the time of the event and everyone who bought the game afterwards is an entirely irrelevant demographic whom we can altogether entirely ignore

1 Like

Can you tell me what is your point, what are you trying to say?

So what you said: it was free, now it’s not.
How does that relates to what I’m saying- ‘it was free’.

Please tell me.

because it wasn’t free for everyone, and it is in bad faith to argue that. I didn’t own de during the event, nor did many players. it is disingenuous to assert that it has always been available for free.

3 Likes

But it was free to everyone, what the hell are you even saying?

You want extra civilization addon to be free people that do not own the game?!

They gave away paid DLC for free… in bad faith? Please argue.
I guess you want that not only for free but instantly and without zero effort on your side, otherwise it’s ‘unfair’?

And, so? You not owning game back then doesn’t mean it wasn’t free. You make zero sense.

But you insert ‘always’ in you mind. It’s not a part of that definition, nor I’m saying it was always free before 23.11.

i think you need to take a deep breath and reread the topic again tbh

1 Like

No, YOU need to make one cohesive argument.

I’m saying it was free in a (quite long) event during it’s release.
You’re trying to say it wasn’t because you didn’t own the game.

You’re talking nonsense, and I can see KingStarscream9 has nothing to say anymore, the only thing left is liking these nonsensical posts :slight_smile:

Nothing to say because dansil92 summed it up nicely and I don’t want to be redundant. You need to re-read the topic, my friend.

What part should I re-read? Point out what I’ve missed.

Edit: as expected- nothing.

To sum up: Developers made US civ DLC obtainable for free to every single AoE III: DE player from 13 April - 22 June. It was the main reward in a free event, nobody had to pay for any pass to start it. Completion similar to any event in 2DE or 3DE before, and since. The only exception - it was longer, but that doesn’t change anything. And was justified considering reward was not a skin but a whole new civ, and US is very important considering themes and the setting of the game (discovery and colonization of New World).
Additionally, in the end they removed the daily limit for challenges, even people that came late could unlock it:

• UPDATE: ** As of June 15th, 2021, we’re pulling out ALL the stops and ** removed the daily challenge limit ** to help you quickly unlock the FREE United States Civilization before it ends on June 22nd, 2021! ** All challenges are NO LONGER LOCKED to 3-per-day! *
    United States Civilization Event Ends June 22nd! - Age of Empires

Above you can see inept attempts to negate this fact with a completely ridiculous argumentation like:

• you had to own the game to get this DLC … which requires owning the game.
  • you had to complete the event to … receive the event reward.
  • people who were not aware of it did not benefit … therefore it doesn’t count.

EA would charge you for using two mouse buttons if they could. Who am I kidding, they would make AoE mobile auto battler or microtransaction garbage fest (games like that mobile Dungeon Keeper, SimCity or CnC).

3DE devs constantly release new maps, skins, HC customization options, mechanics and improvements for free. They even did that with a mentioned new civ, using promo event aimed to gather more people and bump up player numbers so the community, in general, can benefit - MP player base, as well as people playing single-player only (more purchased copies- more money for devs/publisher, better perspectives for more new content, expansions, longevity etc).

And with all that you can see people complaining all the time they can’t get all free stuff as fast as possible without any effort or delay. It’s just sad.

You should riot if there is any sale where the price is lower than when you bought it.
Oh it’s happening right now.

No wonder this is the least played AoE because so many whiners. Thank the devs for adding content and quality updates so far. The dev team for AOE 3 is alot better than AOE 4.

4 Likes

The civ was free for like 2 months, if you didn’t have the game or bought it after then you’ll need to pay I think that’s fair as the event was for DE players at that time when the dlc was released, perfectly reasonable that following the end of the event you must pay.

2 Likes