Why do Mayans have Blast Furnace?

And mayans eagles are trash vs archers? Nobody plays archer alone vs eagles so that is no real argument for inca eagles.

I don’t really get this infantry Argument either. There are only 2 civs with anti archer infantry. Normal infantry is irrelevant…so because they would have a tough matchup in postimp they need these eagles?

If that is the case turks should get helbs because they have no real counter to indiancamels?

2 Likes

well if they are supposed to be good against infantry why not just increase the MA instead of HP? or a resistance to anti-eagles bonus, or bonus vs infantry for themselfs…HP obviously help on more than just infantry or melee, in the particular case of eagles with high PA, it makes them basically immune from arrows.

1 Like

I handidly beat the last 4 mayan opponents i faced so i dont find them OP at all. The thing with eagles is that they get so super hard countered by the militia line. I actually find eagles a pretty weak unit. I just made champs, seige ram and a few skirms and just rolled over my last mayan opponent on arena

Maybe not the best map for them or maybe were low elo (mid 1200s) but yeah i dknt find mayan op at all

That sums all tbh
you have to see 2k+ tournaments were this civ is a consistent top ban.

4 Likes

Think you’re looking for a game like Starcraft 2…

People under 2k elo dont know what does onager do. That is why you easily killed mayans.
Removing bf will make verly little dif. The main problem about mayans is their strong eco allow them to fast tech switch. They can easly switch between archer-eagle-plum-halbs etc and counter your army or raid your eco while you are trying to tech switch.my offer is:
- resouces last longer %5 for dark age, %10 feudal, %15 castle and imp
- eagles cost 40 food but suplies effect eagle cost. No suplies for mayans but aztecs and incas.

Yeah but guess what, my opponent was around my elo and got reckt. Again today i faced a mayan as magyar and comfortably beat him with scouts into knights skirm into cavalier skirm

So if you nerf for higher levels you reck it even more for lower levels. Kinda like chinese

I think a decent knight skirm civ can dominate mayans

It’s almost like something about archer design makes them better at higher levels, and something about knight design makes them better at lower skill levels.

depends. at low levels? yes. at high levels? demonstrably false.

Well thats the whole point. If you nerf them cuz theyre good to pros like chinese theyre getting reckt in all games 1500 elo and down which is the majority of the playerbase

And ive watched some mayan games in pro tournies. It wasnt auto wins. Think i saw some mayan losses if i remember correctly

Can someone go to liquidpedia and check the last 10 1v1 pro games with mayans to see their rec?

Obviously its nkt an auto win. But they are the #1 civ at pro level