Why do Swedes have so many civilization bonuses?

Swedes bonuses are too much compared to other civilizations.

They can hire German mercenaries in the saloon and use their advanced arsenal without any restrictions.
This effect is equivalent to starting with a few extra cards from other European civilizations.

Even if Swede doesn’t get a good reputation, it doesn’t mean they deserve a better benefit than other European civilizations.

3 Likes

Sweden has just got a huge nerf, they are probably fine now.
The civ was designed to use mercenaries to complement their army.
Also the German mercenaries are to compensate for the lack of skirmishers and dragoons. Now that caroleans no longer counter ranged cav we will hopefully see them being played as intended.

4 Likes

The problem is that mercenaries replace light-type units.
Better to give Sweden the skirmishers and dragoons.
Mercenaries have more power than regular units that are not fully upgraded.
If the Swedes focus on producing coins and produce mercenaries in many barracks, this will lead to even greater balance break.

1 Like

Mercenaries cost more pop and more gold though and its not like you can spam them from 3 or 4 buildings, not until age 4 at least. And you easily can deal with them with artillery.
Honestly I prefer that than the old patch caroleans and canons any time.
The civ was designed to be a merc based civ and I definitely prefer that than having yet another skirm-goon civ.

2 Likes

Swedes build Torp in gold mines to boost the economy This helps Swedes get more coins
Besides, Torp is a house, so the population doesn’t matter to them.

Sweden is a civilization that trains many artillery from the beginning.
Coins just to train artillery will now be used for mercenaries
If they want to counter artillery, they will either have many Black Riders or train Culverines.

This patch gives Sweden the option of producing mercenaries in barracks and stables during the fortress era. Obviously, this patch will create a build where all coins are invested in mercenaries.

1 Like

No I don’t think they got huge nerf.

May be OP+++ becomes OP++

If booming power is not nerfed enough, this civ just keep being OP.

2 Likes

What I see from the new patch:

Still the most OP boom power in the game. Only 25w for a better than 1 settler efficiency, training settler is one queue only in TC, house booming is meanwhile processing. Their risk is much lower than other civs’ settler gathering resource outside the map, even torps are destroyed they can build again at once, which settler was killed we can’t revive at once. (this is Dev don’t understand until now).

Carolean got some nerf in mid-late, but got some buff in early game, which covered their early weakness, they are still OP with range-resistance card.

This is also strange add 3 hussars card (II) to Sweden? their choices are not few already?

1 Like

It wasn’t just the price increase(which is very impactful by itself), 2 of their best booming cards got nerfed as well(Ironwork’s and Blueberries), the nerf towards their boom was really big. They compensated by giving it a better early game, it’s a good design change.

Overall Sweden still got a big nerf, I think if they get nerfed even more they will just become very under-powered.

1 Like

That’s I said from OP+++ to OP++
Torp boom still OP
25w extra cost for stronger than 1 settler efficiency, and it is simultaneously booming. Other civs are training 1 settler only in one TC.
Already tested, Sweden is still broken, with stronger age2.

2 Likes

Agreed their eco is still strong 125 wood for torps and an extra starting 100 wood crate just cancel each other, the way this patch handle this, Sweds just need to spent an extra 100 wood to create 20 torps.

But now at least dragoon should be better against Carolean, and when they send the ranged armor card melee dragoon can also be used especially the Brazil version.

1 Like

I agree.
However the range resist is still a problem.

1 Like

Svea Lifeguard needs to be nerfed ASAP. Also people are sleeping on the Age IV card buffing Hussars and Hakkapelits. Imagine having a Card like that but not needing it, because your civ doesn’t need to build a stable. Thats what Sweden Power level was before this patch. And Svea Lifeguard is still not nerfed.

Sweden starts into the game with 26 card Deck and Advanced arsenal is already available for them. This should be removed aswell. There is no justification for why this civ should start the game with one of the most powerful cards in the game. Having 10% infantry speed is game-changing. As you should know, speed is one of the most powerful stats in any RTS. Especially because many civs do not even have access to 10% faster infantry.

1 Like

Because the production team hopes that its new country will become an existence that cannot be ignored.
From 1vs1 to 4vs4, from Commerce Age to the Industrial Age, they can all exert their power.

And players want to see new countries can compete on an equal footing.
Single player duels are very strong but team battles are not so strong. If the attack has strong damage then the defense is not so good.

Sweden still has problems
For example, with a versatile infantry and excellent artillery, no need to rely on mercenaries,But mercenaries are a characteristic of this country.
There are houses with high economic benefits. I guessed to copy Japanese shrines, but forgot that European countries have factories but Japan does not.

2 Likes

For me one of the main problems of the civ was addressed which is the caroleans.
Not countering ranged cavalry is a huge nerf which means now they will have to spend their gold in mercs rather than spamming canons behind a carolean mass.
And I totally prefer sweden being played that way.
Also if you have counter infantry rifle from the arsenal the range resist from the caroleans wont matter as much.
The patch just came out and we gotta see what happens, if they are still too strong there is always a next patch.

3 Likes

It’s understandable if you patch it once every two weeks, but they’re doing it almost once a month.
They only have patches that seem to be a problem by anyone.
I am not confident to blame myself for being defeated by Swedish mercenary spam and for my poor skill.
At the moment, Japan also did not receive a nerf once.
They don’t care about 1vs1 matches at all and don’t consider what their patch will bring about.

Then they would become another Skirmisher + Dragoon civ which would be… boring. I personally prefer having more uniqueness amongst civs wherever possible even though I realise it limits the number of civilisations one can add since it would be a nightmare to balance.

But please… not another Skirmisher + Dragoon civ :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

It has to do with unit balance. What I want to say right now is that the Swedes start with too many bonuses.
And do you think Sweden won’t? Jager from Barrack and Black Rider from Stables will have even more dire consequences.

Just because you don’t want to see the Skir+dra combination doesn’t mean that the Swedes can start with more bonuses allowed

Skirmisher + Dragoon Then delete Falconet

1 Like

Sweden is probably a weak civ now guys… You are just super slow and you need map control for an efficient boom, something you can’t have. This patch is a fourfold torp nerf (torp cost, BB, ironclad and torp radius), this is insane ^^

4 Likes

Wasn’t blackberries buffed a bit??