Why do the forests thin-dissapear for the enemy A.I. lumber harversters?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: AOE 2 from gamepass
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Xbox Series X

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I started played AOE 2 a few weeks ago, and have very much enjoyed it so far.

However, there’s something I noticed that is annoying (not sure if it’s intended or a bug).
When playing skirmish mode against the A.I., I’ve been trying to get better at the game while playing Hard difficulty 3v3 matches vs only A.I..

Some matches I win, others I lose.

And then there are matches that are a stalemate.
And it’s these matches that are most annoying…
Where after 4 hours of gameplay, my team has control of 80% of the map, while the enemy is confined to their base.
When the match reaches this point, from my base, most of the trees and forests have been completely thinned out/gone entirely. (Where my lumberjacks are now chopping wood a significant distance from their original starting point)
But for the Enemy A.I… after FOUR HOURS has passed…
While trying to break through the NONSTOP stream of soldiers, calvary, and seige units… I notice that pretty much ALL OF THE TREES around the base, are still standing. As if the A.I. hasn’t been using lumberjacks the entire match.

There are NO vast open spaces around the structures that have been built… and my soldiers are confined to “bottle-necks” between the trees and terrain.

So I can’t flank around, or pull of multiple manuevers… because I’m restricted to all these bottlenecks.

The enemy has an advantage because it’s lumberjacks don’t thin the forests from the trees it’s harvesting for resources…
I also noticed that the A.I. seems to infinitely spawn high-tiered units (even though enough time has passed for them to mine their local stone/gold)…

Between the trees not being thinned, and the A.I. infinitely spawning soldiers, these matches become a stalemate. Of which I eventually get tired of the tug-o-war that can not advance further than the edge of the enemy city (because I’m restricted to chockpoints the enemy swams and funnels through)

It’s unfair advantage when you’re playing with a controller.

(I hope this description makes sense).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play any match that last for four hours, and look at the difference between the forests around your base, compared to the enemy A.I
  2. Notice the bottlenecks
    3.Notice the lack of * tree thinning* around the enemy base (compared to your own)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The A.I. luberjacks should thin trees at the same rate that human players do.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

none

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

none

Trade Carts give you free gold in team games. That’s almost certainly what the AI is doing. I’m not sure if the DE AI cheats, it would be pretty lame to cheat on Hard mode imo and I know some community made AI like promi or barbarian only cheat on hardest (disclaimer I haven’t used them in years)