Why does it take 5+ minutes to repair a landmark?

I just played monhols, my kurultai went down, sent 3 villagers to repair it, it was going extremely slow. More than 5 minutes. Also, adding more villagers to repair it almost didn’t increase the speed. Is it intended?

Probably a bug… Mongols landmarks has had a lot of bugs since release, maybe it is another one.

You can check this with any other civ vs AI. Go vs AI easy as english and put feudal landmark near enemy base. Let him take it down then go repair and check.

1 Like

Did you actually measure time and got 5+ minutes or this is just based on the feeling. Do you mind sharing the replay (match history)?

In any case:

1. One villager repairs buildings (including landmark) at the speed of 20 HP/second.
  2. Repair speed is NOT proportional to the number of villagers repairing for example 3 villagers restore like 47 HP/second or so not 60. 10 villagers repair almost 5 times as fast as 1 villager

(can’t upload whole videos as the file size would be too large)
So repairing Kurultai from 0 to full using 3 villagers should take like 106 seconds and if you really got more than 5 minutes then it probably was a bug (assuming nobody was attacking it during the reparation).

1 Like

I will check today in replay how long it really ##### ### in this video it definitely seems much faster.
It was a nomad ffa custom game, there might have been some mod and many mods have some weird hidden changes of game mechanics for no reason, so maybe it could have been that. Will post what I found out.

lol, why am I censored

If the game was modded/had a tuning pack then those could be bugged. Don’t report bugs that you encounter while using mods/tuning packs in the official forums unless you can reproduce them in the Vanilla game.

This happened to me before it is not really being censored. Try to click edit then submit. (check if there is a typo eventually in the “censored” words.

OK so I checked the replay and tested a skirmish game against AI, tested various cases and found that bug, it is indeed in game, no mod required.

The repair rate is extremely slow when the landmark is in packed mode and gets destroyed in it and there is not enough space for it to be unpacked.

The repair rate is fast if landmark is destroyed but unpacked.

Funny is, when it is destroyed in packed mode, and blocked by other buildings, it stays in destroyed mode, until you move your other buildings which are blocking it, somewhere else, it autoamtically unpacks by itself as destroyed, and even catches fire again :smiley:

lol… gonna report it in bugs.

See screenshots and compare hp vs current game time (took screenshots in 10 seconds interval.

It took over 5 minutes for 5 villagers when repairing a packed building.

Mongols’ packed buildings probably act like siege units and therefore have their own repair speed formula. Typically 5 HP per second if using only one villager which is a bit slow.