Why I am quitting AoE3

Because your description reminds me of who I think behave that way. How is it confusing?

Which competitive esport player behaves this way? I am curious what did he say about AoE3. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

For example ā€œNo donā€™t add anything new. I cannot recognize the new units. I face a new civ or a new unit and they beat me. This game does not need new contents. You guys are superficial and just want fancy new civs and new mechanics and ruined the game.ā€

2 Likes

Do you mean all players who agree with op or disagree with you?
:roll_eyes:

I didā€™t say anything about that. Where does that come from?

Maybe I mean those who do not read other peopleā€™s reasoning and examples but find another place to repeat the same whining again and again, or do not read what other people write but only jump in to agree just because they sound like holding the same position.

At least from the feedback from players in the forum over the past year, the overwhelming majority of players still like these ā€œfancyā€ changes.

4 Likes

Because people who dislike these changes mostly quitted without leaving a post. For this game now fresh is more important than balance.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting - Iā€™ve been playing this game since around '07 or '06 on and off and semi-competitively and Iā€™ve never had this issue. I think aoe3 players are just not used to having to adapt to a meta, I mean the game had the same balance state for 10 years so it makes sense that players found a comfortable niche in their gameplay. I think slowing down patches as the devs have been doing is a positive change though, allow the meta and changes to settle in a bit before introducing new content/changes for sure.

7 Likes

This is true. Many players leave a game because there are some changes they donā€™t like. They donā€™t even complaint on the internet since it is waste of time.

I wish we could all have there sense then :smiley:

I want new content and many players want new content. O think you should play age of 3 2007. It wont have New content so your problem is solved.

1 Like

Bye.

I will say one thing: players like you who play 3000 hours in 2 years have very different expectations from players like me who love the game but play only 3 times a month.

I understand that games have a meta, but I strongly believe that it is a bad thing. Yeah it makes it harder to make a deck, so what? Do you have to win always? Try some wacky things yourself maybe?

Do you play for joy or no?

If you donā€™t play for fun, youā€™ll also feel disconnected from the rest of the community who enjoys these changes.

I do not understand people like you who play 3000 hours but donā€™t enjoy the game when the meta keeps changing.

About Eurocentric stuff, that is because of the KoTM dlc that sold very well. I donā€™t think itā€™s terrible yet, but I hope they bring more content from outside Europe soon.

14 Likes

Funny. They may be the loudest people Iā€™ve ever seen here and have the habit of repeating the same stuff over and over again whenever possible, however people explain to them.

3 Likes

I have the opposed opinion. I strongly believe having a meta is a good thing.

When I play a game after a long time, I donā€™t want it to be too different.
I donā€™t want to play Warcraft 3 and realize that paladin doesnt have heal anymore, and that footmen are stronger than grunts. I quited playing LoL because I didnt want to relearn the items for a 5th time.

Some of my friends who play occasionally omplain for most patches, even those that are ā€œhealthyā€ for the game.

In aoe 3, i wouldnt be happy if after returning to the game after 1 year, 50% of the cards changed and suddently we need to play full mercenaries to win the game.

Of course there is not only winning to the equation, but i feel confortable going into a game and knowing what I can do and what I shouldnt do, with a direction for improving.
I wouldnt have much fun with aoe 3 if the game changed completely every 3 months.

This doesnt prevent me from doing wacky stuff once in a while and enjoying it, but I woundnt enjoy it if said wacky stuff were the norm.

1 Like

Tbh Europeans (and Native Americans) have been so underwhelming in terms of contents, variety, and especially historical/cultural relevance (most of their stuff are shared ones) since TAD.
Idk why just one single update to TADā€™s level is ā€œEurocentricā€. Even for DE, there has been multiple rounds of enriching natives Americans and US (already extremely overstuffed) before touching the Europeans.

6 Likes

3000 hours since 2021 wowā€¦ Iā€™ve been playing 3 DE since Christmas 2020 and Iā€™ve barely had 1100 hoursā€¦ although since 2022 Iā€™ve put more into AoEO since I finished the AoE 4 campaignsā€¦

What a pityā€¦

Itā€™s trueā€¦since the Mexico dlc and even more so since the Mediterranean dlc, the devs started to intermix a lot of mechanics and units between all the civs and it became all a weird concoctionā€¦

Thatā€™s trueā€¦

Youā€™re right, but itā€™s partly because of the Mediterranean dlc and because the European civs are the protagonists of this historical periodā€¦

True, with the European natives they took it upon themselves to put a lot of thingsā€¦

True, it is what it is to be civs that come from revolutionsā€¦and that did not include more civs from American nations, such as Brazil or Argentinaā€¦

Right, thatā€™s why I donā€™t play 1v1 in ranked and only play TG in normal multiplayer, be it treaty or skirmishā€¦

Yes, that is, since the archers are archaic units, they improve the siege; for example, the Aztec and Inca archers have good siege bonuses, since they lack gunpowder and cavalryā€¦

True, if it is already an unbalanced game, with more cards it is already a hell of a balanceā€¦

Yes, but thatā€™s already a matter of AIā€¦

True, since the European civs have the factories, itā€™s very uphill late game for other civsā€¦

Yes, it is understandable and it cuts a lot of fabricā€¦

True, but thatā€™s already the fault of BHG who didnā€™t keep updating the gameā€¦ with the reworks that KotM brought, the European civs were finally able to update and be as fresh as the most recent civsā€¦

True, I mentioned the same thingā€¦ I havenā€™t played AoE 3 since Christmas and itā€™s been 2 months nowā€¦ and now Iā€™m playing more AoM and other gamesā€¦

And they also buffed the revolutionsā€¦

Of course, Iā€™ve been doing it since its launch and Iā€™ve learned to adapt to its two expansions since I bought TWC and TAD in 2007ā€¦

Yes, I mentioned it above, and now there is talk that an event is coming with a new civ from the Middle East (Persians maybe?)ā€¦

I do like it, it gives it a certain freshnessā€¦

Sure, with TAD you had the 3 Asian civs with more than 15 UU each and the lucky Europeans did have 3 UUā€¦

1 Like

All that has happened is that the old civs have been brought to the level of the new ones.

Which was NEEDED.

And people are crying.

Yeah. Things have changed. Adapt.

7 Likes

Yeah it doesnā€™t make any sense.
Ever since the last updates, the OG European civs feel more enjoyable and not too dull so thereā€™s nothing wrong with giving them cards and new toys to play with instead of keeping them boring.

I still think thereā€™s a place for 2 more Euro civs no matter how many are going to be against them, as Iā€™m open for other continents aswell.

6 Likes

Event is coming with new civ?

Where did you get such rumors?

@ArkadasLlisa mentions that it was filtered in the pupā€¦as well as a circular map similar to the Yin Yang scenario of the Chinese AoM campaign (ergo new map in the Chinese New Year event)ā€¦