Why I think the Light Cavalry line should have 1 range (but reduced other stats)

It would change everything. If you have less than 10 Scouts, you could easily get all of them (or nearly all of them) to attack with a surround and proper pathing and if you have even more, it’s fine for not all of them to attack. They would destory archers for the same cost on open field (still lose in closed areas, which is fine though).
The problem is that right now you get situation where in theory 6-7 Scouts should be able to hit, but only 2-3 scouts are actually hitting. You can solve that a bit with micro, but not as reliably as it should be.
So yes, pathing is the solution. It’s just the truth.

Well, you get Skirms vs Archer/Spearman - or you actually commit to upgraded Scouts. And as you said, sometimes you can even be greedy. All of them work in the right circumstances. I don’t see the problem.

Walls are an investment, arguably more than 2-3 Scouts are. I don’t see a problem with counterplay being avaliable vs Scouts. In fact I think it’s a good thing.

That’s stupid though. If walls are the counterplay to Scouts (and you said, they’re “insanely strong” vs unwalled opponents), you don’t want to buff them vs walls. That’s like buffing Knights vs Camels, because they seem to struggle vs them…

As I said before: Fix pathing to make Scouts reliably do what they’re supposed to do and it will be perfectly fine. Because then Archers are not as oppressive anymore and honestly I think walls are fine right now anyway.

Yeah instead we constantly nerf walls or make it harder to wall…
Makes sense.