Why is it win 10 exclusive?

Remember when you could play a game on windows 7 =(

There are so much discussions for that, please look at the Forum

I hate that too, but it wont matter since im already on windows 10

It makes perfect sense for MS to push their own OS and platform. I’m on Win10, and have had no issues so far - we all had well over a year to upgrade, they were generous enough. If you’re not on it yet, that’s of your own volition.

I hope they change the OS requirements to be compatible with earlier versions of Windows, although I already have Windows 10 on my PC. I know there are many people who still use Windows 8, 7, Vista or even Windows XP. So I don’t know how MS can expect to have a good profit with this game if they limit it like this.

@“Elite Cataphract” said:
I hope they change the OS requirements to be compatible with earlier versions of Windows, although I already have Windows 10 on my PC. I know there are many people who still use Windows 8, 7, Vista or even Windows XP. So I don’t know how MS can expect to have a good profit with this game if they limit it like this.

It’s more about their view on the OS, they probably could support older OSes without problem, but they wanted W10 to become the only windows around, and that’s why there are exclusives to W10.

Now i understand that some people are still on older windows though it’s their fault. I mean, windows 10 upgrade was offered free for a full year and most people reason to not upgrade are silly.

@kinzo said:

It’s more about their view on the OS, they probably could support older OSes without problem, but they wanted W10 to become the only windows around, and that’s why there are exclusives to W10.

Now i understand that some people are still on older windows though it’s their fault. I mean, windows 10 upgrade was offered free for a full year and most people reason to not upgrade are silly.

I understand what you’re saying, but you have to consider that not everybody has the hardware capacity to upgrade their PC to Windows 10. Although I wonder if this is gonna be a new trend going around for any other product developed by MS, or it’s something done exclusively​ for this game, I think we will have to wait and see. Was good to have a great discussion with you anyway. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

@kinzo said:

I understand what you’re saying, but you have to consider that not everybody has the hardware capacity to upgrade their PC to Windows 10. Although I wonder if this is gonna be a new trend going around for any other product developed by MS, or it’s something done exclusively​ for this game, I think we will have to wait and see. Was good to have a great discussion with you anyway. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Well seing game like Forza and some other going to be Win10 exclusive i think it will become more and more standard. Though atm, they might still make them available to other OS for profitability of it. Only time will say.

Win7/8 got free upgrades to 10.
Vista - o dear lol - All i need to say.

Win10 is a good OS, so am not complaining, about time the PC got some RTS games back.

Well, Windows 10 is a good OS, far better than W8-W8.1, and I’m fine with it (I also use other Windows versions). But I agree that this W10 exclusivity is a shame.

They are imposing us their Windows 10 and Windows Store, and this is not a correct modus operandi…

While I use Windows 10, I am still a huge Win7 fan and I’m a bit disappointed that it’s not available there, but I was a bit worried when I saw that it was “XBox Live Multiplayer” compatible, originally thinking they would release it on XBox. Overall, I’m just glad to see them releasing things specifically for PC.

@nothreat said:

Win7/8 got free upgrades to 10.
Vista - o dear lol - All i need to say.

Win10 is a good OS, so am not complaining, about time the PC got some RTS games back.

I don’t understand why anyone with a gaming PC has anything other than Windows 10 installed now that it has been out about 2 years and end of extended support for Windows 7 is rapidly approaching.

I prefer Windows 7, fed up of MS moving stuff but I have WIN 10 on my new dedicated gaming pc, so no dramas.

There have been numerous reasons given on the forum why it is Win 10 and if you think about it, they actually make sence.

I say MS is just greedy, to limit to there OS let alone there newest OS, I mean just think about. Cant upgrade for free anymore, which means u need to shell out $200, cant buy it off steam only Window store which means, 100% of money goe to MS, no cut to any other online retailer, ect, ect, ect.

I think that they are making the strategy of say that it will only be for windows 10, while we re waiting for the game, lots of people will be upgrading their computers to windows 10, then, at the time of release, or pretty close to it, they may release it to other OS even at steam, so they will boom their sales, making viral the fact that “HEY, AOE:DE IS AVAILABLE FOR WIN7/WIN8.1 EVEN FOR STEAM”… seems like a perfect plan xD …

they don’t want profit,mthey want push their business, the Win10 and the store.

Because anyone that is sitting on the fence about getting Win 10 will be forced to make a decision as to what they’re going to do. Either upgrade or miss out. It makes sense from a business point of view, sucks from a customer point of view.

@Emberguard said:
Because anyone that is sitting on the fence about getting Win 10 will be forced to make a decision as to what they’re going to do. Either upgrade or miss out. It makes sense from a business point of view, sucks from a customer point of view.

Which strengthen my argument, with MS greed to force the ppl on the fence about Window 10 to shell out the $200 for Window 10, bc you cant update for free anymore. It a great view Business view point, but I guest that’s why I went into the Ministry and not Business bc I cant do that to a person and force them to spend a large amount of money for something like this, my gut say its just wrong.

@Torgrimmer

the question then is, at what point would it be ethical to stop support of the past systems? There’s only so many iterations you can program before the system becomes so different it would not be practical to make things backwards compatible.

That being said would have been nice if at least windows 8 had compatibility with this game as Win 10 was built based on win 8