Why Italy and Malta only have one factory

Don’t you think that’s strange?

2 Likes

Italy only has one factory because they get lombards. I have no idea why Malta doesn’t get two factories they really should. Also IMO factories should be able to be rebuilt.

Because in theory Italy and Malta have an excellent starting economy as well as economic cards and mechanics to “compensate” for the lack of a second factory.

I don’t know enough about Malta to comment on it, but in the case of Italy I think that the constant micromanagement of the Lombards ruins their good economy, in addition to distracting me from the fighting 50% of the time, in short, the micromanagement of the lombards bores me.

3 Likes

I hope they add 2nd factory for both Italy & Malta
This will solve some of their treaty & late game problems

3 Likes

Italy: because 99(many of them free) villagers plus usrury/ufuzi and 2 factories is treaty memexico levels of op eco late game. Theyd probably have to rework lombards to be less impactful or make the papal units better rather than give 2nd factory. Maybe give them tech to increase production of bling cannon to compensate a bit? So you have equivilent of say 1.5 factories?

Malta: because balance. Because if someone wades and grinds through 40+ minutes of 3x karni mata german wagon fueled super eco while fighting op fixed guns, uber cheap xbow, and best culvs in game and still make it age5 they damn well deserve to have an edge over malta. Ofc treaty this is an issue so any balance to malta should be locked to age5 at a mininum. With sicilian supply and inf wood cards and sw malta probably also needs at max 1.5 factories.

Just my thoughts instead of overbuffing maybe capitol techs to charge their 1 factory would be better and allow existing flavor.

3 Likes

i guess for this civs we need to add an option for Age 5 card, for example age 4 should have 2 factories, but the one can be unlocked if you age up to V. For Italy we can make the factory instantly sending resources into lombards. For malta it could be that factory is producing exp so the civ can send sooner the food/wood trade later game since malta has good food upgrade on iv age.

1 Like

they already have 3 churches so thats effectively an xp factory with like 2.1 xp/sec trickle

2 Likes

Malta has a good economy even with a factory, the problem with Italy is that although in supremacy games they have a good economy for their other bonuses. However, in treaty, their economy is the worst since it is ridiculously micro-intensive without getting good, they really need that second factory although I agree that it must somehow arrive in the imperial age or be unfeasible for the vast majority of supremacy games.

1 Like