Will Age of Empires DE fail?

Even if this remake would only be a graphic-update, it would be a succes. Letting the world know that this game set a lot of standards in RTS-gaming world nowadays. And that it should never be a forgotten age of empires.

It would be a start if you defined “fail”. In a commercial sense, I think this game will work out if the reviews are good (and maybe even succeed if the reviews aren’t good). In a fan expectation sense, I think it will do fine if they keep the essence of the classic. I’m a bit worried about the darker colors (Age of Empires always had a bright game world, and this made the game units easier to see also), the catapult volleys (they don’t seem as solid as those in the original), and small things like the new wololo sound. But I like the graphical redefinition in terms of detail, and I appreciate the new music from the sample I’ve heard thus far.

I hope the balance changes will help make the game more enjoyable and balanced. Hittites will definitely need a tweak.

I don’t think it will. To date i have hated the Windows Store as i found it tremendously clunky and many of the games on it were not for me. That said I find myself eager to buy it because of what it is. As for the exclusivity, i think it will last only as long as people go to said store, once the flow of new faces ebbs, then they will go to Steam more than likely.

I don’r think it will fail, though I do think they should ensure a release on Steam is made available at a later date. I know this feels like low investment but who knows, all these re-releases could be making funds to create a new AoE game! #thinkpositive B)

@Divinecow77 Agree with you wholeheartedly, AoE:DE is about the only thing that could make me try the Windows Store, after the awful fiasco that that GFWL.

@RWNorthPole The key thing will be seeing how Multiplayer develops. The Xbox community is a large one, but I am wary as to how well it will grow. I am unfamiliar with how it would work on PC but Steam is easy to use (My brother and I AOEII pretty often.) If it is as streamlined and user friendly as Steam then it may not need to. But then it would have to be a pretty big success, business wise, to feel the need not to.

They wont ignore the steam market, they’re not stupid.It would be very stupid business wise to ignore such a large market i assume.