Will Age of Empires: Definitive Edition have better effects when it comes to destroying buildings?

I mean the ones in AoE II and AoE III is a major difference when it comes to destruction of buildings.

What do you guys think? Will it have better “level of destruction”?

Probably not, at least I don’t think it will be on the scale of AoE3 as that would require some huge tweaks to the
engine.

Genie engine, with this answer I tell you all about.

@Augustusman said:

yeah dude, due to the use of an old engine we will not be able to see this in the DE, since in AOE III is used physics and other relatively modern resources.

Note: And AOE III uses an entirely different engine.

@UnknownMortal said:

@Augustusman said:

yeah dude, due to the use of an old engine we will not be able to see this in the DE, since in AOE III is used physics and other relatively modern resources.

Note: And AOE III uses an entirely different engine.

They uses Bang engine ( AoM, AoE 3 , and may be AoEO)

Ensemble Studios began work on their first fully 3D engine at the same time as their development of Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Named the BANG! Engine, this was announced in January 2001, for use in a new game codenamed RTSIII that eventually was revealed as Age of Mythology.

Age of Empires III uses a modified version of the BANG! engine.

…The decision to make the game online-only was based in part on the success of Age of Empires II and the popularity of its online integration with MSN Gaming Zone. Since online player interaction through the game was made a priority by the studio, two iterations of the game had to be created; a server version and a client version. This resulted in a heavily modified version of the BANG engine used in previous games of the series, along with requiring large amounts of additional server code and infrastructure to be implemented. Excluding the tools, Age of Empires Online contains over 1.2 million lines of code…

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:BANG!
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3094/1500_archers_on_a_288_network_.php?print=1

I have to admit that both engines (Genie and BANG!) are pretty impressive by the time they were released :slight_smile:

I still love AOE 3 engine at 4K Computers, you can play with a nice enviroment design.

@KingDarBoja said:
I have to admit that both engines (Genie and BANG!) are pretty impressive by the time they were released :slight_smile:

I still love AOE 3 engine at 4K Computers, you can play with a nice enviroment design.

Couldn’t agree more mate.