Will this game be delayed or not?

I don’t think you are Wrong Andy, I think AoEO is pretty much treated as Nonexistent and the last game was AoE 3 and its expansions… That is sadly how bad AoEO preformed, Despite it looking pretty good… just poorly made choices effected it through its whole lifespan

2 Likes

I swear I’ve heard something about those who cannot remember the past.

Doomed to Repeat it?

I hope they do delay, maybe even sack Relic from developing. Can’t do stuff right… And all Hollywood-esque revisionism! Jesus Christ on a motorbike.

When I heard that Relic was going to develop, I knew it would turn out bad, but not this bad.

I hope for a delay. Game needs a total overhaul from what has been showcased

1 Like

I not totally agree with you. I played COH3 pre-alpha version and this game looks much Better than AOE4: Waters, textures, units, terrains, all materiale seem Great and this Is a pre-alpha.

So, it’s not Relic because CoH3 uses the same engine: CoH3 looks brillantnbut very very detailed. For AOE4 It was a decision by Zach Schlappy (the Art director) and Adam Isgreen (game director). They listened all of feedbacks from the AOE Councill (few players) Who wanted only readability and the final result It was: less textures, Unrealistic Building sizes, very bad Water, Plastic weapons etc. All of these things are killing realism, imho.

World’s Edge probably Think that AOE4 Will be good After all and player Will don’t care about graphic due the gameplay and the name of this game 'Age of Empires".

AOEO have been a good example for that: It was very fun game but too cartoonish and very far from what people were waiting for. It was not a Simply marketing issue (not skirmish at launch, only Two civilizations, pay for win etc): AOEO was already dead before its Launch due the negative reactions which started with the First announcement at Gamescom 2011. The most of fans called It : Age of Farmville" and they choosed didn’t play the game for this reason.

Now, i’m seein the same negative reactions on AOE4 and this Is a very bad sign.

I think a delay to spring/Summer 2022 could help a lot: developers should redine all models and units with realistic textures in the same way they’ve done with CoH3, change water, add people to siege weapons etc.

1 Like

Readability for multiplayer is such a ■■■■■■■■. There is no way game will die because of unreadable units in PvP.

Other way around? Yes very much possible.

Yes Totally agree: so give graphic options to everyone. If you wanna play only multiplayer, you Will able to set graphic options down or change Building sizes etc. But for the most of people Who love campaigns, scenarios and skirmish vs AI, let them to play with the best graphic they can. Don’t force them to play differently.

1 Like

I can’t understand why they haven’t announced that for those who wants better graphics can download a separate texture pack and those who prefer without can play how Relic imagine it. Both becomes happy.

And somehow along the dev process, they dropped the readability as well. Blurry , cartoony mess. Like mobile rts.

Obviously everything can be done in a program. But have you seen any other RTS game out there that you can change the size of buildings. There is not any I would say? There are very few RTS with scale differences than the usual AoE series follows. Practically only some squad models RTS games, like CoH and DoW3.
Lets think the houses Starcraft 2 has. They have 1/2 of the height of Protoss or human units. Warcraft 3 houses, are 1/2-1/3 the size of a knight. And you are arguing that houses in AoE4 are small? There are not many that would like different scale for buildings that what the AoE series follows.

1 Like

Total war games have similar options: units sizes, dissolvence, Blood, dead etc.

The buildings and landscape are fine . It’s just the units don’t look quite right

What is that game ? [Char Lim]

another comparison with company of heroes 3

2021-07-25-8 2021-07-25-9 2021-07-25-10 2021-07-25-11 2021-07-25-12 2021-07-25-13 2021-07-25-14 2021-07-25-15 2021-07-25-16 2021-07-25-17 2021-07-25-18 2021-07-25-19 2021-07-25-20 2021-07-25-21 2021-07-25-22 2021-07-25-23

a) thats not a comparison, thats screenshots,
b) thats a different game - with totally different zooms and focus.

2 Likes

Same engine, same developers, same genere. Zoom in shows how big difference Is.

You give the weapons to counter you.
If you had to micro-managment these units each one separately (and this is a zoom image, in AoE4, I expect even greater zoom out, is these good graphics to do so? Here yes, they are squads with flags above them. Is this a good image to start handle units separately?

2 Likes

I don’t have any problems with it and i dontt have any problems with any games with any kind of zoom when graphic Is really good. Unit detailed help a lot.

yes, but thats because you play te game zoomed imn. You dont with age.

I am not sure how best to explain it- lets say you compare a flight simulator and a driving simulator. How detailed will the cars/planes be? exactly. In the flight sim, planes (and buildings) will be detailed. In the car sim, cars, streets and maybe buildings. Thats the point.

CoH uses e specific level of zoom to play and control your units, which is extremey low if comapred with age 4. sincs you are ALWAYS clsoer to the units in general gameplay, they will have to be more detailed. In age you can zoom in to get a bit of Wuselfactor, but in the end the game is played with a muchfarther zoom, so units details arent as important, only the way to recognize the, For Which CoHs squad gameplay uses markers, but Age doesnt, it has singular units and needs specific exagerated models to get the same effect.

3 Likes

It seems to me that developers have a bit of fear to show gameplay and release the beta. I was really convinced that a First playable version would had been released After the Fan Preview but all the negative reactions have probably changed the original plans.

They’re going to show the last Two civilizations at Gamescom with a beta announcement in the same dat: but It Will be late, i suppose. Only Two months are nothing to improve the different Graphic aspects which are what of many people are worried about.

1 Like