Will this game have modern age?

For those of you called for AoE4 to be like just AoE1 and 2, honestly the colonial period has to be included as well in AoE4. Also, no AoE2-likeness in AoE4. I don’t want a rehash of AoE2.

Has been said that’s gonna be a better version of AoE2. Starting abit earlier and finishing abit later. We do not have precise informations.

Gamestar Age of Empires 4 preview interview

Almost impossible, different may be but better.

It’s a little ambiguous:

• “starts a little earlier”, but when? In AOE2, the earlier event represented is the fall of Western Roman Empire (Attila and Alaric campaigns), so, “a little earlier” could be when it was still standing? It could mean we’ll see Roman legions in early game.
  • What “edge of the Renaissance”? Does it mean the starting edge, (=ending of the Middle Ages), or the ending one (=right before modern age)? It could mean we’ll see early machine guns and tanks in the late game.

This game about Empires
Modern Times don’t have Empires
If you want a modern rts
Shut up and play command and conquer
Or wait for a new c&c game

Im ok with medieval,ancinet…colonial?yes it was good but modern times is worst era for aoe

1 Like

It have a bigger era than aoe2
It is similarto
AoE2 era 400-1500
AoE4 era 300-1600
Don’t wait for a game from ancient era to modern times
If microsoft want this,they will make game’s name would be Rise of Nations 2

3 Likes

They working on also coh2,proably it was for coh2.

I think from the few interviews/videos about AoE 4, it sounds like there won’t be any modern stuff and it will be more the beginning edge of the renaissance. Maaybe we get to see a cannon or two, but I doubt tanks will show up. They might try it out if AoE 4 launches well and they continue the series.

1 Like

yes
i said,this game is about the “empires”
after ww1,all of great empires gone(german,otto,austria-hungary,russia) except british empire
so making a age of empires game about after ww1 is no sense
aoe3 era is similar to 1500-1800.
i think they should another game set in 1600-1900 as another game,maybe aoe v

1 Like

Whats you source on this ?

I didn’t say it is offical.it is a guess.i said

His own assumption clearly and don’t make it sense.

I think the game will reach the 17th century, as the last age.