Will we ever see a new Patch that fix the Game?

Topic says anything x)

@rhrmn you know about next patch?

I’d hope so, but I doubt it. The devs have moved on.

@Augustusman said:

No. I remember seeing a petition by @Nakamura for support to resolve existing issues but do not have status on that request.

@Plus2Joe @jennywaboom Is AoM: EE still actively being supported?

@rhrmn said:

@Augustusman said:

No. I remember seeing a petition by @Nakamura for support to resolve existing issues but do not have status on that request.

What a great question it seems very abandoned unless they are working on something super secret big thing for it.

@Augustusman said:

There’s still ongoing support and patching for the game. I’m one of those guy’s who’s authorized ensemble to DL a log from my computer for various crashes, and there’s occasionally an update on the Steam page. So, yes, the game is supported, and updated.

Most of the issues right now are regarding players trying to game the ELO ranking system by forcing desynchs, usually when their side is losing. Some of the time the software catches who forced the desynch, and that information is forwarded to the devs so they can patch it, or passed on to Steam admins so they can check to see if the desynch was intentional or not.

Last summer hacking was an issue. I remember one nomad game where our team had bumped off three of the other players earlier on, but the one player left was Mongols, and he was throwing up castles left and right like houses, and had this huge horde of horses roaming the map and really just beating on us hard.

At the time I figured he had just claimed the stone that his allies hadn’t had a chance to mine, but in retrospect the guy was hacking, especially since his allies were gone and couldn’t tribute him resources like food or stone.

Another hack is a food resource hack, and a few weeks back, a Steam game, we were up against a player who had Elite Pesian war elephants. Only we had eliminated two of his allies, and checking the after game data shows he had no food tribute to him, and only an average number of farms. Someone’s clamped down on that one since, but it’s frustrating when it does happen. But, it does happen, and then there’s usually a few weeks until a new update takes place, and suddenly that hack is no longer a factor.

So, the game is supported. The support isn’t always timely, and it takes a log time to get action some times, but it’s there.

To be honest, I’ve never liked Age of Kingdoms compared to classic AoE, and I only got into AoE because my other favorite RTS game from another company, took forever to get an update and rerelease. And when it did it was over the top and kind of weird.

I personally think Age of Kingdoms could have been a better game, and think that Age of Mythology actuall is a better game, but for some reason most people prefer this game … go figure.

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

@Augustusman said:

There’s still ongoing support and patching for the game.

For Age 2 yeah, but this is the AoM forum. We had nothing for nearly 2 years.

@“Fantome of Blue” you appear to be confused. This is the Age of Mythology forum and the thread is therefore about Age of Mythology. It is not about AoE2:HD.

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

@Augustusman said:

There’s still ongoing support and patching for the game. I’m one of those guy’s who’s authorized ensemble to DL a log from my computer for various crashes, and there’s occasionally an update on the Steam page. So, yes, the game is supported, and updated.

Most of the issues right now are regarding players trying to game the ELO ranking system by forcing desynchs, usually when their side is losing. Some of the time the software catches who forced the desynch, and that information is forwarded to the devs so they can patch it, or passed on to Steam admins so they can check to see if the desynch was intentional or not.

Last summer hacking was an issue. I remember one nomad game where our team had bumped off three of the other players earlier on, but the one player left was Mongols, and he was throwing up castles left and right like houses, and had this huge horde of horses roaming the map and really just beating on us hard.

At the time I figured he had just claimed the stone that his allies hadn’t had a chance to mine, but in retrospect the guy was hacking, especially since his allies were gone and couldn’t tribute him resources like food or stone.

Another hack is a food resource hack, and a few weeks back, a Steam game, we were up against a player who had Elite Pesian war elephants. Only we had eliminated two of his allies, and checking the after game data shows he had no food tribute to him, and only an average number of farms. Someone’s clamped down on that one since, but it’s frustrating when it does happen. But, it does happen, and then there’s usually a few weeks until a new update takes place, and suddenly that hack is no longer a factor.

So, the game is supported. The support isn’t always timely, and it takes a log time to get action some times, but it’s there.

To be honest, I’ve never liked Age of Kingdoms compared to classic AoE, and I only got into AoE because my other favorite RTS game from another company, took forever to get an update and rerelease. And when it did it was over the top and kind of weird.

I personally think Age of Kingdoms could have been a better game, and think that Age of Mythology actuall is a better game, but for some reason most people prefer this game … go figure.

get this guy out of here

Oops, my bad. Thought I was posting on the AoK forum. Oh well.

@WintryPainter69 said:

@rhrmn said:

@Augustusman said:

What a great question it seems very abandoned unless they are working on something super secret big thing for it.

Maybe AOM:DE…

Its abandoned, you pretty much see the nastiest side from skybox/forgotten empires and m$ with aom.
Release a sub par game that is more broken that the original. No support for ages. Release an extremely low quality dlc that breaks the game even more. No support to clean up the mess they created, refuse any form of communication, refuse any support at all. Even when one of their former members asked and put in a lot of work together with other community members on how to fix the game all they got was the big middle finger.

The attitude from everyone involved on the developer/management side is just a complete disgrace.
You can also see it extended here, nobody from m$ cares just like nobody from forgotten empires does nor from skybox labs incompetent.

@rhrmn Nakamuras list was sent to Microsoft 9 months ago (it says on the last update for the petition) so they have the full list as he said on the petition update: “All we can do now is wait”. Let’s see if Skybox does something.

@rhrmn said:

@Augustusman said:

It is telling how M$ crew actively ignores everything with AoM.