Windows 10 only?

While reading the official topic “Age of Empires Insider Program FAQ” I’ve stumbled upon this line:

Therefore, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a Windows 10 exclusive;

Does it mean it won’t run on Windows 7?

I think it means that.

Yeah, the game is Windows Store exclusive. Win10 only.

99% yes, at least at release. Hope it will be added to Steam.

I hope its added to steam as well. Ill buy it day 1 but I hope I wont have to rebuy it on steam.

It’s not going to be added to steam either. You will require a Microsoft store account with windows 10 to purchase and play.

It will NOT be added to steam, hopefully sometime in the future we will see it. But very unlikely.

It is 2017, hopefully Microsoft has learned a few things in 20 years, and they’ll release it on Steam.

Windows 7 works perfectly fine still. Hopefully there will be a Win7 patch to make it work on that OS

@EdmondDantes said:
Windows 7 works perfectly fine still. Hopefully there will be a Win7 patch to make it work on that OS
They aren’t interested in still supporting win7

@EdmondDantes said:

It’s not about that it works, thing is that Microsoft doesn’t want to provide support for old OS(which isn’t even part of mainstream support anymore)

Why would you stop supporting a good working OS? I have no problem with my Win7 and I look around and see no one who disagrees. These methods are so shady. Now you have to buy Win10 in order to play this game (?!). It is just like the mobile phone industry, which releases every now and then new versions of OS, which include all kinds of (default and unremovable) apps which consume to much calculating power, so you have to buy a new phone.

Don’t get there Windows.

Age of Empires: DE might work on Windows 7 because the requirements are really average for a 2017/18 game. But unfortunately the Windows Store and Xbox Live makes it into a Win 10 Title

This is a joke… Has not Microsoft learned anything over the years…? Limiting it to Windows 10 will decrease the number of copies they will sell… It’s like their Office and other products, they limit it to their platform and then enlarge… This is stupid…
I have Windows 8 which I like, I dont want to upgrade all my PCs to Windows 10, although I’d love to buy and play this game…

@Joueur930558164 said:
This is a joke… Has not Microsoft learned anything over the years…? Limiting it to Windows 10 will decrease the number of copies they will sell… It’s like their Office and other products, they limit it to their platform and then enlarge… This is stupid…
I have Windows 8 which I like, I dont want to upgrade all my PCs to Windows 10, although I’d love to buy and play this game…

Limiting their Office, lol , godo joke.
https://gxcuf89792.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/15365i5B401A80BEA27202/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999![](/uploads/editor/s4/c4jk9ijr4zn0.png “”)

I can slightly understand that its only on the windows store.
Obviously it is from microsoft.
As such, i still hope there will be a release on steam too.

I also have a win 8 and I would like to play the Win 10 system.
I will not buy the game.
Likewise, I think they made a mistake that the game is only for Win 10.
Most players have Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1

Microsoft’s strategy is to have one OS that’s simply upgraded over time… Any new apps are going to be only supported on the new Windows I guess. It also uses their xbox thing, which may only be integrated properly on 10. Idk exactly how it works though

@Penelinfi said:
Microsoft’s strategy is to have one OS that’s simply upgraded over time… Any new apps are going to be only supported on the new Windows I guess. It also uses their xbox thing, which may only be integrated properly on 10. Idk exactly how it works though

Exactly… Also, Microsoft’s mainstream support for Win 7 ended in January 2015, for Win 8.1 in January 2018. There won’t be anything from Microsoft for those systems except for security updates.

it is always easier to support one OS :smile: