Winter update coming next week!

This is great news, really happy to hear it

1 Like

Will it be so after every update that you canā€™t watch a replay from before?

1 Like

Same here. Maybe they want to keep some updates as a surprise? I should probably not to get my hopes up though.

1 Like

Wonā€™t we be able to see the full patch notes once it goes live on steam?

We will, but I think many of us were hoping the notes would be available beforehand so we can get a proper look at the features and balance changes.

Yeah I understand that it would indeed be nice but hopefully it will be a nice update regardless for the game :slightly_smiling_face:

In my opinion, free fully customizable hotkeys should be the first priority. Itā€™s a mess to play right now.
Q+S for english is barracks
Q+S for mongols is stable
Selecting barracks and pressing W creates a man at arms
Selecting a keep and pressing W upgrades springalds, but pressing Y+Q creates a man at arms. It makes no senseā€¦ I canā€™t group my barracks and a keep to start a mass production of the same unit.
We also need ā€œselect all barracksā€ like in aoe2, ā€œselect all archery campsā€, ā€œselect all stablesā€ etc instead of ā€œselect all military buildingsā€
Also, selecting a villager to build something, like a blacksmith, but you hit Q instead of W will lock the building options to the first age, so I have to either mouse click on a blacksmith, or select another villager and do it properly.
Iā€™m still waiting for this to purchase the game (paid 1 month of game pass for now), but it seems Iā€™ll have to wait almost a year with this roadmap

4 Likes

This was confirmed on stream that they were fixing that.

I watched the entire stream, no word that they will fix it in the next patch.

Iā€™d rather they commit to improvements they know that they can do, instead of putting everything on hold to develop something their engine has never had implemented.

I donā€™t think anybody disagrees thereā€™s stuff that could be added to the game, or that thereā€™s stuff that needs improving, but starting with the stuff the developers themselves know is achievable within a specific timeframe is just sensible in my opinion.

2 Likes

Exactly this! We all have things we want to see addressed and fixed and also new features implemented but we have to allow them to prioritise certain things that can be done soon which will help the game in other ways and for everyone.

While better hot keys are a must and is being worked on itā€™s not crucial for the game to work in my opinion like other bugs and balancing issues that just makes the game unplayable. While better customization for hot keys is a good thing itā€™s not impossible to play as it is currently and therefore other more important things should be taken the priority right now.

Iā€™m hopeful that we will be seeing an update regarding the hot keys in the near future.

1 Like

I didnā€™t see anything about springalds being nerfed. Right now, itā€™s a regular occurrence to see 10, 20, 30 springalds in a game and the only way to counter is to go springalds yourself. While I personally do not like mass springald-ing, it is sometimes the only way to win.

1 Like

They didnā€™t specify most of the 100+ changes, however in the dev stream they mentioned that springalds would be nerfed vs non-siege units.

3 Likes

Finally a good surprise!

1 Like

No ability to change player colors :frowning:

Once selected ALL MIL.BUILD. than u can with TAB select arcery , stable, whatever u need and all buildings are selected from that type so no need to select manually anythingā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping they sneak it in once we get the full patch notes.

1 Like

also to get out of the menu QWER u pres ESC key and clears it so u can select another if u need to.

I think this might have come up but I forget if it was mentioned for this patch.

My biggest issue, and gripe with the game, is the lack of player ability to use keyboard shortcuts for unit management with individual units of the same type.

How many times have you had a group of 4 idle villagers that you wanted to select and have 1 build a house, 1 mine gold and 2 gather food? Thereā€™s no way to easily assign / micro that like there is in Starcraft 2, Age 2, TaB and other great RTSā€™s due to the lack of a unit card UI.

1 Like