[WORKAROUND] My game is seems to be capped at 7 fps in menus and in-game with High-end PC, but performance improves when the game is not in focus

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.34223.0 4509956
  • Platform Steam

Specs:
Intel i5 9600k
nvidia RTX 2080
running the game @ 2560x1440 144Hz
(I have the latest GPU drivers and windows 10 updates. I also verified my game files on Steam.)

Issue:

Low fps, and it seems like it’s capped at around 7 fps both in menus and in-game. However the intro runs fine. The fps improves when the game is not in focus (by pressing the windows key to open the start menu for example).

This didn’t happen before and I’m not sure when it started, because I took a break from the game shortly after the large december update came out. The game ran well then, even with the UHD graphics pack enabled. I disabled the UHD graphics pack and any mods, but performance did not improve. When I was playing before I ran the benchmark and it was good enough to play with competitive matchmaking.

EDIT: Restarting my PC seems to have helped, but I have no idea why. Other games were working perfectly before the restart. It’d be nice if whatever caused this was removed sometime. If anyone else has the same issue, try to restart your PC.

1 Like