Would have been a nice touch

I used to spend countless hours on the original AOE2 when i was little. Over time, i hopped on to AOM and although it was never as perfect as AOE2, there was one thing i loved about AOM which was the information data for the buildings, units, gods, powers etc. All you had to do was click on the units picture if i remember correctly and it would tell you about it like the history and all. I was kinda hoping AOE2 DE would have had the same thing. I used to like reading about them during game play. Does anyone else wish AOE2 DE had the same thing.

It would have been nice to read the history and all from some of the hero units like El Sid, Joan of Arc and so on.

3 Likes

I like this function as well and it would also let you know more about the unit’s bonuses even those that aren’t mentioned in the normal tooltips. It would be cool for AoE2

3 Likes

The improved extended tooltip mod allows you to see more abut the creation time and weaknesses as well. As well as Armor Class

1 Like

Another thing that would have been nice is the bigger map, i believe it was the Tab button that allowed you to get it. That way you can see everything better instead of using the small map at the bottom. Easier to see those little relics easier. They certainly had a few nice features in that game which made it more interesting, enjoyable and easy.

1 Like