Would there be more than 8 player slots?

?

As long as it doesn’t slow down the game, this would be cool

in single player mode it would be an interesting feature, in multiplayer it might be too confusing I think

Don’t think so. AoE (and most recent AoE II HD) has been always for maximum 8 players. In addition, for a RTS of this kind, more than 8 players simultaneously can be too caothic.

Since all I did as a child was play AOE, I made my friends play AOE with me. So I only ever made 8 friends in life.

If they add the ability to have more people playing maybe I’ll make new friends!

I’d like if they expanded it to 10 or 12. Sometimes it would be fun to play with that many players and it would bring new possibilities for scenario designs.

changing it to 12 would be fun.
Imagine playing on a tiny map.

I would love to see more players and bigger maps

wouldnt be a bad idea make a game mode called like “ALL FOR CRAZY” where you can 6v6 (or free for all of 12) which still “acceptable” xD

@kylobeetle FFA with 12 would be insane haha

@“XileZ EclipZ” said:
@kylobeetle FFA with 12 would be insane haha

yea. come on… back in time. we only needed 8mb of ram!! and 16mb to play aoe 2 … now… most of us have more than 16gb of ram … and we all know that the ammount of players in one room is way associated with the RAM… ofc, i cant leave the processor behind but … its all about the tweaks :stuck_out_tongue:

Age of Mythology could have 12 players, so I think it is possible.

@Kanaroko said:
Age of Mythology could have 12 players, so I think it is possible.

yeah I love those 6v6 matches on aom heaps of fun

6 x 6 is all I would want.

it could be an option, that if are more tan eight players divide them in allies and enemys. it could be fun.

Would be cool, although chances are it may not be implemented straight away. More or less AOE DE is just a re-skin of the original game, with some minor game play changes and balances. They would definitely want to test the servers out with the original 4v4, before creating new maps to accommodate for anything above that.

But you never know, I could be wrong and it could be something they intended to do from the beginning? :slight_smile:

Not going to happen tbh. AoM allows for this, but that’s a different engine. I guess it would technically be possible with the genie engine too, but would require quite a bit of work and introduce a lot more possibilities of failure.

@Jineapple said:
Not going to happen tbh. AoM allows for this, but that’s a different engine. I guess it would technically be possible with the genie engine too, but would require quite a bit of work and introduce a lot more possibilities of failure.

fair enough

I dont think so

@republican94 said:
I dont think so

:frowning: