Wrong mod classification

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Modified string files should be classified as UI or Text mods, not Data mod, and allowed to be used in ranked matches!

After last update, some mods are allowed in ranked matches. So I tried to use my modified string files, but it comes out fail to join ranked matches with them. Then I found my mod was classified as Data mod instead of UI mod which are allowed after last update, that may explain why my mod was banned from ranked matches. However, modified string files do not change any gameplay and have no harm to game balance, they SHOULD BE SAFE as UI and Sound mods!

Here are the files I modified, please classify them as safe too!

randomnamesy.xml
stringtablesy.xml
unithelpstrings.xml
unithelpstringsx.xml
unithelpstringsy.xml
randommapstringsy.xml
fonts3.xml

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a mod that modifies string files.
  2. Enable the mod and try to join a ranked match.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Customize language files (string and font files) are allowed to be used in ranked matches.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

In fact, allowing custom strings and font configurations in ranked matches can popularize this game, as we could have fan-made localization for languages that do not have official localization like Arabic, Polish, Swedish (we have Sweden civ but do not have Swedish language! ).

1 Like

Custom strings can be used in ranked matches after Hotfix 21704!
Thank you devs!

1 Like