WTF biggest cavalry counter gets destroyed by shrivamsha rider

I was actually playing the gurjaras in the fight and was blown away. I though I would loose the fight because he predicted me switching from camels to shrivamja since he started with archers. But then i completely destroyed him. Even if he tried to micro, its still 20g vs 85g. more than 4x the gold amount. While he wasted his time microing I spammed his city and raided him. If by any mean he switched to camels, I would just go for my own camels and destroy him.

Iā€™m almost in awe of how clickbaity, go-nowhere threads like this always get so much attention. Iā€™m half tempted to apply some of the ā€œlessonsā€ learned here to the stuff I actually put lots of thought and effort into, by making silly titles or intentionally bad comparisons so that people will feel compelled to make the obvious dunk and thereby ~3X engagement. Expect the following thread titles from me in the coming days:

-97.1% of people CANā€™T BELIEVE how I designed this Unique Technology :astonished:!

-They called me a MADMAN when I asked for this unique unit to be given to other Civs!!

-THE ONE CIV THAT MUST BE ADDED (NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!) :flushed: :exploding_head:

15 Likes

Why is it so hard to understand? Mamelukes are not the best counter to cav. They never were. The best anti cav units are halbs, why are you not using them? Halbs or camels. Shrivamshas dodge all projectiles, including melee ones. The obvious solution is just not use Mamelukes against them, because it clearly doesnā€™t work.

4 Likes

dude stop saying nothing, just shows your lack of knowledge. Memelukes were designed to be the best anti cavalry and not needing to really out number heavy cavalry to kills them hence the heavy gold cost and castles you need to have beforehand. And if you dont micro them correctly they are not cost effective against top tier paladin civs. Now here you have a unit costing 20g that destroys a 85g unit. Stop being in a dream world and wake up.

1 Like

If you read correctly I was playing gurjaras vs saracens. Saracens doesnt have acces to halbs in the first place

Go to this link:

Itā€™s blinding obvious that Mamelukes are not, and are not meant to be the top anti cav unit. Halbs have 4 times the bonus damage against cav that Mamelukes do. Pikes have 2.5x the bonus damage of Mamelukes. Heavy Camels have twice as much. You donā€™t need access to Halbs, Saracens have heavy camels with +30 HP, thatā€™s the obvious unit to make. Even pikes will get the job done I imagine.

1 Like

Bonus damage has nothing to do against being the best anti cav unit or not. It is the cost effectiveness of it. You need less mamelukes to kill a paladin than a halb does. Hence being a better counter to cav.

2 Likes

It shouldnā€™t dodge ranged melee attacks, that is pure wrong as mameluke doesnā€™t inflict ranged damage on PA.

But the BIGGEST cavalry counter is not halbaldier and not even elite mameluke, the humongous cavalry killer is the gurjara camel.

5 Likes

Not substantial buffs.

No. I said it was fair that a unit that is designed to counter projectile units does better against projectile units then a paladin.

Do you cry that a 0 gold unit available in feudal does better against monks then a paladin?

Exactly.

4 Likes

99.9% of youtube video titles

prob missing few more 9s there

6 Likes

are they though? they just get a mild 5 sec increase in the shield recharge in excange for a cheaper elitĆØ cost, i would call it a tweak at best, more than a nerf. they would need something like +10G, or slower attack rate, speed reduction to not be faster than light cav, or other substantial nerfs, imho

1 Like

33% increase in shield recharge is not mild.

3 Likes

That factors in nothing to do with cost. Mamelukes are like 50f 80g (from memory, I think Iā€™m wrong). Halbs and camels are far cheaper. Itā€™s not about population efficiency, itā€™s about gold efficiency. If Mamelukes donā€™t work, you donā€™t need to complain, just use a different unit.

5 Likes

I will complain because it is nonsense. Shrivamsha riders should die to memelukes

1 Like

Dying to Mameluke is not in their design. Shrivamsa Rider especially counter all units with projectiles because they can dodge them.
The only problem I think is that they dodge projectiles and run away too quickly from melee. That can be changed make them a little slower and easier to catch.
Also another question - should they also dodge TC tower and castle fire?
Maybe these things could be tweaked to balance them.
However I do like making small changes and see how it works than doing too many that just sends a op civ to below avg or worst. Thatā€™s how balancing should work small changes till it comes in line.

Why? Because you wanted to use Mamelukes, it didnā€™t work, and you lost? Therefore the Shrivamsha should die to them? I donā€™t get why itā€™s so hard to accept that you simply used the wrong unit for the wrong job.

2 Likes

Shrivamsha rider needs a nerf. lower the recharge rate and reduce the projectiles dodged by -1/-2 in castle/imp respectively would do it.

@MatCauthon3 is it just me or does goofy reminds you at someone who always complained about mamelukes aswell cough cough equalizer

1 Like

Still, they will remain too strong for the cost because of low cost, fastest movement, fast attackā€¦

And they also received discount on the elitĆ© so Itā€™s not even a clean nerf

Please donā€™t tell me you intentionally put 2 groups of S.Riders in 2 different directions so that they can surround easily. (Iā€™m even forgetting micro).

2 Likes