WTH with Gatling Gun?

How the hell Gatling Gun don’t nerfed?

4 Likes

o problema dessa unidade e seu tipo de dano cerco e 90% das unidades não tem resistência a esse tipo de dano ja vi Gatling matando massas de cavalaria pesada em segundos atraz de um muro que e totalmente um absurdo

4 Likes

Maybe because it’s an organ gun with a bit less range and less attack, nothing special. Coffee mill guns animation is misleading as well, it feels like way more damage than it is, in reality if you test it with and without the card it increases damage by 15% which is fine for an age 3 card, nobody complains about organ guns getting a +15% hp card.

5 Likes

eu acho que a gatling deveria ter um multiplicador negativo para cavalaria pesada e leve

3 Likes

the 15% damage increase was from before the coffee mill rework. They did something to the card and made the coffee mill gun one of the highest dps unit in the game.

1 Like

No I tried it after and again just now, the difference in damage is tiny.

On a previous thread similar to this someone said it was because of some kind of ‘damage scaling effect’ whereby if you have a bunch of coffee mill guns it utterly destroys every unit in the game within range including buildings like having a cheat or Captain Photon. Of course the pro-gatling gunners will have every excuse in the book trying to explain away what happens in actual games, they won’t ever be convinced. There is a guy I sometimes match with on ranked who only makes gatling guns and he beats me every time with pure gatling guns or gatling gun/culverins only and I don’t know how to beat it, most OP broken unit in the game hands down.

1 Like

It’s not though, go in a skirmish now and test the gatlings dps against a building with and without coffee mill guns and you can see it for yourself. The animation makes it feel way more powerful than it really is. Sure it does better vs infantry and cavalry than a falconet but so does the organ gun and that’s just down to them not overkilling as much with all the damage in 1 shot like a falc.

Not necessary, I see everything getting mowed down faster than anyone can believe in actual games, like the OP has. Also en masse there is some kind of weird multiplying effect especially with coffee mill/heavy gatlings.

There’s a multiplying effect with all artillery it’s called aoe damage, the more units causing aoe damage the greater effect it will have, exactly the same thing happens with organ guns and falconets, even grenadiers.

1 Like

falconet and horse gun constantly overkill with their shots.
coffee mill is basically a modern machine gun. The sheer efficiency make the difference. There’s no overkill and the coffee mill move on to the next victim with no pause(animation delay) in between.

There’s a critical mass where a gatling gun battery can instantly kill one model with every 0.5 seconds

1 Like

people don’t understand this unit died to 1 culv shot xD, also i see only people complaining about that when the opponent came with 7 or 8 gatling guns against full infantry, i mean yes ofc gatling won the fight

Also you need to send a card + train gatling, i mean its slow and your opponent has the time to train culv so plz make culv… instead to try to kill 8 gatling with 50 musk or 15 huss, and don’t tell me when the timing come at 15 min you don’t have the time xD

4 Likes

The answer will be always culverins.

The only problem is for Lakota and African civs (that can field them but in a very limited way)

2 Likes

with these civ you have to timing push and then say to your opponent " no, im not gonna give you the time to send this gatling card and train some gatling for free ", pretty simple

3 Likes

The problem does not arise much in 1v1 but in team games where the situation varies in match ups and some civilizations will have a lot of difficulty in countering a good mass gatling compared to others including culverins.

2 Likes

I don’t get where people say this is slow. You can have 5 gatlings and FF without too much effort.

1 Like

when can you have 5 gatling and the card and be on your opponent base ? 12 mins ? ( and with how many musk )

5 gatlings can be killed with cav

I don’t get you… I am really clear in what I say. I don’t ask how to deal with Gatling Gun. i say that this unit is to OP and must be nerferd.

1 Like

Gatlings in 1vs1 not are OP.

But gatlings mass are OP.

That it has a counter (culv) that kills it with one shot does not mean that a unit cannot be OP

5 Likes