X box questions and answers

I hear several players worried about the term Xbox Live…and they think it is the X box live gold card you buy for online play on your console…this is for PC online gaming.

Xbox Live is a free download and usually comes already installed on WIN 10. Once game is released and purchased through the Windows/Xbox store it will show up in your Xbox live account…you can add friends and other players there as contacts, see when others are online (if they are not hidden) chat with your friends and share very cool recorded plays from your xbox/windows games. I use it to record game play in Castle Siege all the time. You can also add/download other games as well…even some free games.

To play this game…you will need Windows 10 and Xbox live…they work together and you will need to be logged in to Xbox live to play.

No one really knows if it will come out later as a boxed game for the Xbox consoles, nor does anyone know if it will ever be available at Steam…but I personally would think so in time…since most all other titles are available to play there now.

For all those wanting to brush up on their AOE journey…Steam is offering ALL the available AOE games right now through July 5th at a 75% to 78% discount…this is a GREAT DEAL. You can actually get AOE II for $5 – you will need a free steam account.

prntscr.com/fn5dyi

Have fun…play hard
For those about to rock…I salute you
[]XXXXX}{:::::::::::::::::::::::>

Wulf

Any questions…just ask :slight_smile:

Xbox LIVE features on Windows 10 do not require an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.

@rhrmn said:

thanks for the quick response, did not know the difference between XBL and XBL gold.

@rhrmn said:

but how would I get xbox Live only, when i try to find it i only see XBL gold

Xbox LIVE is integrated into the Xbox LIVE enabled games from the Windows Store. For example, I own Halo Wars 2 from the Windows Store which is an Xbox LIVE enabled game. When I initially launched the game it asked me to sign in with my Microsoft Account and it automatically logged me into Xbox LIVE. I believe Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will work the same way.

@pdiiddy said:

@rhrmn said:

You just need an xbox live account, just sign up… that it’s. If you have a Windows 10 account or have signed up for any other MS product that should also work. Just log into the xbox app. XBL Gold is more of a console thing. They don’t charge to play online on PC.

@rhrmn said:
Xbox LIVE is integrated into the Xbox LIVE enabled games from the Windows Store. For example, I own Halo Wars 2 from the Windows Store which is an Xbox LIVE enabled game. When I initially launched the game it asked me to sign in with my Microsoft Account and it automatically logged me into Xbox LIVE. I believe Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will work the same way.

@QuirkyTechie said:

@pdiiddy said:

@rhrmn said:

You just need an xbox live account, just sign up… that it’s. If you have a Windows 10 account or have signed up for any other MS product you that should also work. Just log into the xbox app. XBL Gold is more of a console thing. They don’t charge to play online on PC.

thank you for the responses i get it now :slight_smile:

can i play in mac?

Its come only on Pc(Windows 10)
It isn’t come on on xbox one/x

Yea its coming for Windows 10 only as far as I understand. It says “Xbox Live Multiplayer” in the trailer, but that is the service win10 uses for its games. :slight_smile:

@Jankaron said:
Yea its coming for Windows 10 only as far as I understand. It says “Xbox Live Multiplayer” in the trailer, but that is the service win10 uses for its games. :slight_smile:

are u sure of the windows 10 only thing? :frowning: damn :neutral:

i think i comes even for xp and vista and i am pretty sure it comes for Windows 7 and 8

@Dhall said:

@Jankaron said:

Well I cant say for sure as we only have the one trailer to work with at the moment. It could be that they’ll release it for xbox and lower windows versions too. But the multiplayer is running in “xbox live” wich is a windows 10 feature. I guess we’ll have to be patient and wait for more information. :slight_smile:

@Jankaron said:

@Dhall said:

@Jankaron said:

Well I cant say for sure as we only have the one trailer to work with at the moment. It could be that they’ll release it for xbox and lower windows versions too. But the multiplayer is running in “xbox live” wich is a windows 10 feature. I guess we’ll have to be patient and wait for more information. :slight_smile:

so all these guys signing up for the beta is for the xbox? :open_mouth:
fingers crossed that they release one for the windows 7/8.

on windows 10 is it possible to register for the beta? sorry nooby questions… :wink:

so all these guys signing up for the beta is for the xbox? :open_mouth:
fingers crossed that they release one for the windows 7/8.

on windows 10 is it possible to register for the beta? sorry nooby questions… :wink:

No worries :smiley: As I said “xbox live” is the service used on windows 10 for the multiplayer. Pretty confusing, I know. So the beta will run on win10. They also confirmed that the game will be exclusively released in the windows store for now…

It was originally called Games for Windows LIVE, then Microsoft PLAY, now Xbox Games on Windows 10. All pretty much the same thing, which is Xbox LIVE integration on PCs.

No, Xbox Live and Xbox Live Gold are different things. Xbox Live is their multiplayer system used in game (don’t really have much experience with that but friend invitations to game room will handed trough xbox live, same friend list as in xbox & other xbox live games…

kinda like AoE2:HD that has steam multiplayer & steam integration

Ahh thanks for the clarification haven’t touched a console in 3ish years, pc all the way.

@FusionLord said:
Ahh thanks for the clarification haven’t touched a console in 3ish years, pc all the way.

no problem
The games is win 10 only so would be very confusing if it would need xbox live gold (no xbox version comming, xbox live multiplayer made some think about console release too but nope).

No. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is exclusive to the Windows Store for Windows 10 PCs.

The game uses Xbox LIVE integration like several other Windows Store games, which use the Xbox LIVE service for matchmaking, cloud saves, achievements and other features. AFAIK it has not yet been announced whether or not AoE:DE will have Xbox LIVE achievements on PC, but it is possible.