X box questions and answers

@BlanketTundra78 said:
can i play in mac?

Not that we know right now. At least for the moment, Microsoft said it will only be on Windows 10.

Only on pc actually (annonce)

Xbox live account is free. :wink:

@KingDarBoja said:
While this is correct, some games require you to have a paying account. It doesn’t affect single-player, but if you want to combat online, you very possibly might need to have a paying account. We will see.

@CycloneGU said:

@KingDarBoja said:
While this is correct, some games require you to have a paying account. It doesn’t affect single-player, but if you want to combat online, you very possibly might need to have a paying account. We will see.

On the PC side there is no equivalent of “Xbox Live Gold” like on the console side. You have access to all MP features for PC games as long as you have a free Xbox Live account.

@Satoru said:

@CycloneGU said:

@KingDarBoja said:

On the PC side there is no equivalent of “Xbox Live Gold” like on the console side. You have access to all MP features for PC games as long as you have a free Xbox Live account.

Yes I agree. On my console, I use to buy the xbox gold for box games, never for a pc game and I had the same play and interaction as the rest of the players on the free xbox live account.

@Satoru said:

@CycloneGU said:

@KingDarBoja said:

My comment was for Xbox gaming specifically.

@CatchyCircle288 said:
It says the multiplayer is on Xbox Live, does that mean in addition to owning the game a paid Xbox Live subscription $60/year is also needed for multiplayer?

An Xbox LIVE gold subscription is not required to play Xbox LIVE enabled games in the Windows Store. :slight_smile:

I’m sure that if there is a subscription, it won’t be $60. If I were Microsoft I would charge $20/year for multiplayer and pay nothing to play AI.

how does this work, I am not paying for Live. I love this game, but they are saying online is xbox live.

Is the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition coming to PCs or just the Xbox One X?

I’m okay with paying for a remastered/rewritten version of a game. However if we are looking at paying a monthly subscription(Xbox Live) to play the multiplayer aspects of the game, I’ll stick to the classic version and AoE: II

This is just speculation, I understand that a Microsoft account is required to sign up, and login to the Microsoft store.

I know it says it requires xbox live so does that mean we can play on our xbox one ?

Can i get a answer on this please ?

So… what’s the deal with this ‘x-box account’ nonsense?

Windows 10 only I could deal with. Windows 10 Store only REALLY NOT HAPPY WITH, but ok.

But if I have to pay an annual fee for a ‘x-box live’ account FORGET IT.

So… what’s the deal? Am I going to get to play this game or not?

It says the multiplayer is on Xbox Live, does that mean in addition to owning the game a paid Xbox Live subscription $60/year is also needed for multiplayer?

@Satoru said:

@CycloneGU said:

@KingDarBoja said:

Not yet at least, first they xboxify the pc, then you pay like an xbox and your pc becomes the xbox.
Its the grand scheme of M$.

@smitske said:

@Satoru said:

@CycloneGU said:

@KingDarBoja said:

Not yet at least, first they xboxify the pc, then you pay like an xbox and your pc becomes the xbox.
Its the grand scheme of M$.

And they’ll just lose customer because other platform do not charge for it. Unlike xbox when you have access to one service. (and the same with sony nowadays)

@kinzo said:

And they’ll just lose customer because other platform do not charge for it. Unlike xbox when you have access to one service. (and the same with sony nowadays)

?? Not sure I understand…Xbox live is free & while you will have to buy the game, no matter what platform it is on. there is no extra charges to play AOE DE?

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@kinzo said:

?? Not sure I understand…Xbox live is free & while you will have to buy the game, no matter what platform it is on. there is no extra charges to play AOE DE?

Of course there is not, though i answer to someone who speculate there could be a charge one day for game using xbox live service on windows.