Ran across this and thought it would interesting to share. You need to translate the article, but it looks like Relic will be at X018 on 11/10/18.
Expect the entire series to come to Xbox with mouse and keyboard as well as PC. Please keep in mind this doesn’t compromise the PC gameplay whatsoever, but give more people the opportunity to play the game.
Kind of makes sense for a few reasons:
- Mouse and keyboard support was already announced for Xbox and it will be presented at X018 allowing games that weren’t playable off of PC to come to Xbox. Fits the play anywhere initative perfectly.
- AOE is the strongest IP Microsoft owns that requires mouse and keyboard. I can’t see how this won’t be used to promote mouse and keyboard on xbox.
- The series has been silent since Aug 2017. It’s way to long and I believe the mouse and keyboard support is what has been holding back future news and the long term plan was to make this series cross platform.
Few speculations but don’t quote me on this:
- AOE DE will be available on Xbox with mouse and keyboard on 11/10/18.
- AOE 2 and 3 DE will be available on both platforms anywhere after the conference to Q219.
- AOE 4 will be available on both platforms, we will see first gameplay, and the release will be in Q419. Speculating on dates based on Microsoft’s previous IP’s.