[Xbox] Multiplayer game freezes when upgrading Blacksmith

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.9814.0 (#75350) 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Xbox Series X
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Xbox

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When playing multiplayer match with friends against AI on Xbox, clicking on the Leather Archer Armor upgrade in the Blacksmith freezes the game. The music keeps playing but everything else is frozen and unresponsive. I was hosting the game, my friends were able to save it and we could pick it up with them hosting, but even then trying to develop Leather Archer Armor would result in freezing the game only for me, other players were unaffected. This happened in several different matches, we were once able to pick it up from there after saving and loading with another host provided I wouldn’t dare touch the Blacksmith again otherwise it would freeze again, but one other time loading the save resulted in crashing the person who was trying to host the save’s game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play multiplayer game on Xbox with mouse and keyboard
  2. Click on Leather Archer Armor icon in ######### when in Castle Age

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Leather Archer Armor upgrade starts developping

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
I unfortunately don’t have any

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Don’t have any either as I can’t retrieve save games on Xbox, or can I?

Hello @MyNameIsKick
Do you also have this issue in single player?

Hi!
I just tested it and no, single player works without issue.
It also made me realize that it was trying to develop Iron Casting that froze the game, not Leather Archer Armor.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help
Thank you!

On my part the blacksmith freezes my game sometime just by only clicking on it. It freezes starting at castle age and bug too at imperial age

Switching out of auto economy messes up villagers up sometimes they get stuck on nothing and you gotta delete all buildings around them for them to move again, also i was being castle dropped and i turned off auto eco and garrisoned some villager, i pushed off the enemy but my villagers would not un garrison. I turned auto eco to see if that would help but no, it just crashed my game and lost ELO.

There is a bug right now with garrisoned units. If the building/ship/ram… is full, you cannot ungarrison them all by holding down the X button, if it’s not full, holding down X button will ungarrison all the units at once.

I had a similar issue once, but it affected SP too.
Is there any chance you had your language set not to English?

No, it was set to English.

1 Like