Xbox(PC)+Steam - Problems with crossplay and joining lobby

I haven’t been able to check myself yet but i’ve been told by a couple people that the Store version is updated but on a different version # to steam still, i’d suggest not updating the store version without backing up the original exe first.

Store is now on 32875, steam is an update ahead (there were 2 updates last week for Steam).

We’re still not solved on the crossplay front, which is pretty ridiculous!

This could have been a great moment to demo the Pro-PC approach MS is taking and demo AOE as a cross platform champion, yet through Friday of opening weekend until today cross play does still not work.

At the very least I hope this is at least limited to some release shenanigans and that this isn’t something we will have to deal with every time an update roles out, or us chumps on the Games Pass are going to have a miserable time lagging behind our steam friends

That’s crazy that the Store got an update but still not enough of one! It also reset a bunch of settings, which hopefully won’t be an every update thing ><

This is the sort of thing that happens with like Civ VI and cross-platform play between PC and Mac, but this -here- is between PC and PC! Ironically the all-in Store approach of AoE:DE and Steam only after a bunch of updates may end up the superior way.

How is it possible to release different versions for multiple stores?
This really shows lack of management, there’s also no responses to support, total disappointment from Micro$oft.

Does anyone know how you’re supposed to invite to a lobby? I have the gamepass version and my wife has the steam version. If I click invite, i see my xbox friends, but not her (she signed into xbox on the title screen). If I click steam friends, theres nothing.

On her side if she hosts, she sees steam friends that own AOE:DE, but no Xbox friends.

If I make a public game, she can find it on the list and join.

wtf?

yesterday was working all fine except the crossplay.

today is in the same broken state, really infuriating

Probably says something when the cross-play is working that it breaks everything else.

Steam and Xbox players cant find my lobby on windows store version!!!

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. False advertising if crossplay won’t work.

new patch, and again, In steam I create a game, and the lobby doesn’t appear for anyone else.

In xbox pass, I create it and then crash to desktop

such a BS

At least in ranked mode it seems to work after this patch. I’m playing via MS store and found a steam user as opponent.
But Lobby-Browser needs an improvement!

Me & a friend have the xbox store versión. We cannot conect. I cant join His room and viceversa… Anyone hace Solution?

the game is running and playing really nice after the latest store patch. too bad the steam version is now a version ahead again. please follow up with a patch for us supporting the store so we can play with our steam friends :sweat_smile:

Has this been fixed yet???

Yes the two versions are in sync again. Thread should be closed.

No the issue is on going. Still having this problem as of 12/3

Same problem here, my friend can only see like 4 or 5 serv that I cant see but i have more serv like 50 on my side. I know that he has bellow 1000 points on the performance test so that he cant play ranked but anyway he still was able to join à serv that i wasnt able to see… We also tried to invite ourselves and it didnt work, for me he was offline and when he tried too his game crashed instantly. We are both on the MS version.

Is your friend’s crossplay setting activated?

Well, I found out today his game wasnt up to date. Now it works we played together. Sorry for that I ve been looking for the issue for a long time and it was that simple ahah

1 Like

Glad you solved it, have a nice time playing!