.xsdat file cannot be stored in correct file as expected for campaigns

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

  • GAME BUILD #: 61321, the latest one
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I found the newly introduced xs functions had raised a big big big issue.

The created .xsdat file cannot be stored in a correct file while using the functions in the scenarios of a .aoe2campaign file. The .xsdat is created in the file:

modname\resources_common\campaign (This is local/subscribed mod file paths)
7xxxxxxxxxxx(the large number)\resources_common\campaign (This is for campaigns created by campaign editor)

, but not in the file as described in ‘purpose’ in FE xs introduction page that it will be created in player’s profile file.(You can check there is a .xsdat file but no name on it.) This makes the existing .xsdat cannot be loaded as expected and always return -1.

I recommend FE devs can provide a function to control the path of .xsdat file to be created, or just solve this issue that can create the .xsdat file in the player profile file correctly while playing a campaign.

It is for campaigns use, not just for scenarios.

Because I found the write/read functions can make better campaigns.

Please read it carefully and report this issue to the programmers, solving this issue can be really helpful!

Hi @ilam8778 !

Thanks, we are now tracking this issue ^^