Zetnus Maps/Mods Feedback Thread

As you know, there is no comment section on the mod pages, which makes it hard for content creators to get feedback. But feedback is important and helps people improve their work.

I’m making this thread as place where people can come if they want to post feedback on my stuff.

Currently I have the following published
Terrains
Grid
Grid No Snow
Grid Winter (for use with the 2019 Winter Celebration Mod)
Manual download for all grids

Random Map Scripts
HyperRandom
Michi // manual download
Ludicrous Resources Map Pack
Zetnus Random Map Script Pack (a mod that I will add all my classic maps to, as I remaster them for DE. Currently includes: Black Forest Rivers)
I will be porting the rest of my random maps from HD. I do apologize for the delay, but they ARE coming.

Scenarios
Sea Blood

Other
Classic Intro

If you have any feedback/comments/questions/suggestions do post them here.

Additionally, if you need an external download link, let me know!

5 Likes

I enjoy the graphic removers.:clap::ok_hand:

Here’s what I’ve noticed when porting rms from HD.

This issue might be related to the one described here: https://www.aoezone.net/threads/custom-maps-in-de-some-notes.162488/
“Can’t place TCs on restricted terrain. In the original game, you could put a TC for players when the base terrain was beach, shallow, ice, etc. This is not the case in DE.”
I assume this includes forest too.
This will break forest nothing maps that don’t have a clearing and also maps like Dorado, that place a town center on shallow.
That being said, who in their right mind wants to play forest nothing without a clearing?

You would be so surprised…

1 Like

You can do this:

create_object FOREST_TREE
{
number_of_objects 9999
}
after you have created your TC. It doesn’t place trees inside the TC, but it does completely surround the TC

Then there would be no room to spawn villagers?
I will try that, I only edited the one going around on HD to get villagers and town centers to spawn correctly

True.
Alright, this is the best I can do. The TC plus 1 additional tile free.
Note I am placing a scout so that there is exactly 1 tile free for the villagers to then occupy. You can delete your scout. If you place the villagers directly (before the trees), you end up with 3 free tiles.
EDIT: you will be able to palisade-delete trees placed as objects, so maybe it’s not a good solution!

create_object TOWN_CENTER
{
set_place_for_every_player
max_distance_to_players 0
}
create_object SCOUT
{
max_distance_to_players 2
find_closest
}
create_object FOREST_TREE
{
number_of_objects 9999
}
create_object VILLAGER
{
max_distance_to_players 2
force_placement
}

1 Like

Battleship Blood is the superior boaty mc boat blood scenario. bleurgh!

That works really well actually, I’m gonna start playing this until they fix it. :grin:
Naturally I had to add
create_player_lands
{
terrain_type GRASS
land_percent 0
base_size 2
}

Edit: Oh, you can do it to any tree, I see, yea that’s sneaky. Nevermind lol

The update added a new thing to create_object
You can now specify a second_object which will be placed on top of your your object.
If used properly, this can be used to get the forest nothing experience you want.

EDIT: Here you go. Have fun playing forest nothing

<PLAYER_SETUP>
random_placement

<LAND_GENERATION>
base_terrain FOREST
create_player_lands
{
terrain_type LEAVES
number_of_tiles 1
left_border 5
right_border 5
top_border 5
bottom_border 5
base_size 1
}

<OBJECTS_GENERATION>

#const MOVABLE_MAP_REVEALER 0
create_object MOVABLE_MAP_REVEALER
{
max_distance_to_players 0
second_object TOWN_CENTER
}

create_object MOVABLE_MAP_REVEALER
{
number_of_objects 3
find_closest
force_placement
second_object VILLAGER
}

Added “Zetnus Random Map Script Pack”, which is a container that I will add all my map scripts to as I remaster them for DE. So do subscribe to it. Currently has only Black Forest Rivers.

1 Like

There a way to make that so it spawns the correct numbers of villagers to Chinese (6) and Mayans (4)?
Before just had to leave out number_of_objects, but that’s not the case apparently with whatever movable_map_revealer is. Other than that I’ve been using this and some people seem to like it, others not so much.

In order to do that, you must use create_object VILLAGER
The game specifically intercepts that and adjusts based on civilization.
It doesn’t seem to apply to villagers created with second_object.
So I think in the current state, you either have to sacrifice a bit of forest (to make space for villagers), or sacrifice the extra villagers. If/when additional UserPatch features are added, there might be other ways to address this.
I can play around with this a bit tomorrow and maybe I can come up with something…

PS: and entirely unrelated, I released a classic cliffs mod: https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/2944/ (but the forum isn’t letting me update the main post anymore)

1 Like

Thanks, that’s the conclusion I came to as well, so I just have 2 different rms files in my Forest Nothing DE mod. There’s quite a bit of disagreement on whats the original Forest Nothing or what it’s supposed to look like. Same with the 999 taunts mod I updated for DE. A few different versions were floating around the game at different ages.
Didn’t you used have some graphic remover mods or was/am I confused?

Nope, that must be someone else

Request: a non data mod to disable the hero glow particle file

That might actually be possible. Maybe by replacing the texture file that has the glow sprites with a blank one…

1 Like

Yes I know you can do it, that’s why I requested.

The mod is ready, I just have a tiny issue…

https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/3410

1 Like