07-05-2020 | Game Balance | #101.101.36906.0_4941835

Instead of removing Skirm bonus on them, Hand Cannoneer base HP should be increased to 45 from 35, that will make them more worthwhile outside of niche late imperial situations. This needs to be done, considering they cost as much as 45F 50G, that is more than an ELITE KESHIK!

Actually all frame delays officially changed value, but units behave the same. For instance Age of Empires II Tech Tree according to this, Camel Archers frame delay is of 15 too now, and yet when I use them they are just as effective as with their “5” frame delay in HD.

Well if I was Tatars and was facing say, Goths, I would defintely favour building HC over Keshiks.

Mmm, alright. But arbs still have frame delay of 5, no? Can’t be arsed to check from the Genie right now, just read it from the wiki.

Still according to the site, their frame delay is of 20. The wiki isn’t that fast to update (for instance, on the heavy demo ship page, the new civs aren’t mentioned in the “civ availability” section)

Wait, who has 20 frame delay?

Arbs. It must take into account the animation or something, as it also states Xbows and archers have a 15 value.

1 Like

Oh yes I see it now. But is that site how reliable? Guess I’ll really need to open that Genie now.

E: oh yes, arbs have 20 frame delay. Well there goes that argument 11.

1 Like

I did trust the site, as there are quite big names in the lower left corners.

Well, Genie makes one sure. 11

1 Like

Totally agreed …
Maybe Turk light cav would have some attack bonus against trash line including other light cav .
Maybe simply giving turk cavarly +1 attack per age starting in feudal this will sit well i think and sipahi must affect hussar and cavalier not cav archer who make cav archer with gunpowder untis ?

Hussar works as a meatshield for cav archers and arbs, both of them deal with halbs much better than HCs because of the accuracy and RoF

@CactusSteak2171

It’s like kipchak>arb>Mangudai>camel archer. Oh and mamelukes got a buff

1 Like

Nice find! Well, the game does like to get complicated sometimes 11

1 Like

I agree with your statement about HCs. You said it better than I could.

Here’s what I came up with for the Turks dilemma:

New turks castle age tech. Current one becomes civ bonus.

Gives +10% gold unit discount every 10 or 12 minutes after researched. Max is 50%. Doesn’t apply to siege units or monks.

Cost ~200-400 food/600-800 gold.

Essentially makes Turks late game gold units less gold intensive so they have a chance. Makes player decide when it’s worth it to invest a lot of resources to have a better chance late game. The longer you take to research it, the longer the game must go until you get favorable discounts. Also can’t be greedy and try to research the UT early so you get early discounts because you might not survive. Doesn’t give a good return on investment until a long time after researched.

Examples:
9 minutes after researched: 0% discount.
25 minutes after: 20%
50 or 60+ min after: 50%

Would need testing to figure out the average time for ROI in order to balance cost, % discount, time intervals, etc.

1 Like

Just wanted to link this, since a thread on HC balance has just emerged there. For people further interested on more opinions.

1 Like

Regarding Hand Cannoneers.

Under the link to the video of TheViper’s stream
at 3:46:00 you can see one of typical instances when making HC completely failed because of terrible accuracy.
AOE2:DE with TheViper! - 3:46:00

But let me say - I still argue that attack damage done to HC by Skirmishers should be removed.
In addition to that accuracy could be very slightly improved like by 5% and let’s see how much it influences the meta.

Best Regards
RediRodion

2 Likes