1v1 Focused Changes

Siege elephants are way too costly, very pop heavy and get countered by every other unit in the game!

Ranged infantry have a bonus against them as they are tagged as ranged cavalry

Cavalry and culverins have a bonus against them as they are tagged as artillery

Heavy infantry and pikes have a bonus against them as they are tagged as cavalry

Falconets, skirmishers and crossbow out range them easily

They don’t do well against either buildings or artillery and usually get sniped before firing a single shot.

1 Like

60w+ delayed market upgrades + queing vills to reach age 2 at the same time as before? Impossible.

PS, do have a look at my prev post i post-edited.

1 Like

60w? your not building 3 houses before aging up. with distributivism alone covering the 20 wood cost in 16 seconds and plenty of starting wood crates, you will not be popped or starved of wood before aging up.

you can play india right now and wait for 20 spare wood in the bank before clicking aging up to see what effect it has on age up times.

I never said before age up, but during transition. And to have enough pop space for a 5 sepoy shipment, + 5 trained, +2 with the age up.

1 Like

your sentence does imply you meant age up.

I believe India deserves a slight slowdown in age 2 as they are difficult to deal with for many civs, but I could be wrong and am willing to take your view into account.

it won’t be 35 seconds; you will have far more than 1 villager gathering wood along with distributivism and gathering updrades. realistically the delay will be closer to 10-15 seconds per house, if even that.

1 Like

My sentence was in response to this.

precisely around 9 on wood, and rest on food and coin depending on treasures, and in anticipation of getting a full batch of 5 x (90f 30c) sepoys. Any delay >15 (I’d reckon it’d be more but for the sake of the argument) gives that much more time for the opponent civ, leaving a considerable nerf to India.

Here’s the link to the BO that I’m referencing. The first one, Slow Sepoy Rush.

About India vs Dutch, I do not want India to be as strong as Dutch as I would like them to be nerfed even harder than India by being more vulnerable when booming.

In the end I don’t truly know if India is overperforming or not, civ win rates are still not public and I haven’t analyzed their performance in the most recent tournament. all I have to go by is my subjective experience. barring any sort of hard data, we just have to believe that the devs will balance the game so that India has a near 50% win rate vs all civs, and that the skill of the players matters more than the civ.

We should ask the devs to release win rate, map and elo data so we can make informed suggestions rather than rely on our feelings and experiences.

3 Likes

Agreed. It will also be interesting to see how all civs fare at different levels.

1 Like