25th Anniversary Challenges EZ Unlock Scenario

For anyone that wants to just get it out of the way.

https://www.ageofempires.com/mods/details/97936/

This Mod is intended to make it extremely easy to pass the Event Challenges.

Disclaimer: If you find that this takes the fun out of everything, this Mod is not for you.

For each event, open a skirmish vs one AI, Infinite resources, All Visible, pick the appropriate Civ, and the starting Age required(if any).

After each challenge is completed, resign from game, and load it again when the next challenge becomes available.

1. Destroy 10 units with Scout Cavalry (start in Dark age)

2. Build 3 Town Center

3. Destroy 3 Castles with Bombard Cannons

4. Train 300 Hussars (Start in Post imperial age)

5. Research Chemistry 3 times (Start in imperial age) Repeat 3 times.

2 Likes

Donā€™t tell the devs that thereā€™s an easy way around it, wouldnā€™t want them patching it out. :wink:

Honestly thereā€™s hardly even a challenge that you cannot simply do through Skirmishes. Just pick appropriate settings and go. Destroy 10 units with Scout Cav? Pick Teutons, Easiest AI, Post-Imp, infinite res, etc.

I like to go on Fast Speed and Turbo on top to get them done faster.

Training 300 Hussars was fun with Poles, infinite res, 500 pop. Just spam Stables and fill the map with Winged Hussar. Guess the Scout Cavalry one was similarly fun as Teutons, you donā€™t get to see Post-Imp Scout Cav flood whacking buildings down that often after allā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree, these are not ā€œchallengesā€ lol. If the dev team were to create a series of challenges that really tested a players skill and knowledge to where only the top 10% of players could complete them, and reward them with an Icon that you could customize yourself via image upload. That would be neat, and give the element of prestige in multiplayer =D

Please keep this updated for every upcoming event. It saves a lot of time. Thank you for your efforts.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a 30 day expiry limit for post edits for most people I think.

I mean keeping the mod updated for new events rather than the post.

A new post can be made for every update.

3 Likes

I think ā€˜actual challengesā€™ would be somewhat harder to implement, and not the intended reason. These are just silly things for silly rewards. How would you be able to count things like microing against Ballistics, or beating several Mangonels with one group of Archers and so on?

I guess they could tie in some of the event rewards to like, Art of War challenges or campaign completions, but you canā€™t have DLC campaigns then, as the current events have been designed to be completable with just base game.

2 Likes

I will. So far Iā€™ve done it for the Dress Event Challenges, and Penguin Party Challenges, and 25 Anniversary. I intend to create these simple scenarios for future events and will update this thread and/or create a new one when it happens :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, I will make sure to follow.

2 Likes

For some reason I canā€™t edit my initial post, but here is the updated mod for anyone interested.

Frosty Friends from the North

This Mod is intended to make it extremely easy to pass the Event Challenges.

Disclaimer: If you find that this takes the fun out of everything, this Mod is not for you.

For each event, open a skirmish vs one AI, Infinite resources, All Visible, pick the appropriate Civ, and the starting Age required(if any).

After each challenge is completed, resign from game, and load it again when the next challenge becomes available.

1. Research 9 Technologies with fiery icons to keep you warm: Start in Feudal age, research the relevant technologies, age up, research techs, until imperial age. Then resign from game and repeat. Maybe use Malay for a civ pick since they advance to the next age faster.

Barracks: Arson

Blacksmith: Forging, Iron Casting, Blast Furnace

University: Heated Shot, Ballistics

Towncenter: Town Patrol

2. Train 40 wheeled Units:

Start in castle age and make 40 Rams, donā€™t use a civ that has siege elephants (they are not wheeled)

3. Defeat 50 units with Scorpions, Ballista Elephant, Caravels, Thirisadai, War Galleys or Galleons:

Start in post imperial age, pick Khmer, if you cant kill 60 caged elephants, then you suck (JK) :slight_smile:

4. Train 50 bearded Unique Units:

Pick Franks, start in Post imperial Age. Other civs you can use except for (Bengalis, Bohemians, Britons, Chinese, Cumans, Goths, Gurjarasā€¦ Iā€™m not gonna go through all the civs, just use Franks.

5. Train 400 Light Cavalry-line Units:

Pick Turks, start in post imperial, pump out 400 scout/light cav/hussar, delete other units if population limit doesnā€™t allow 400.

Stay subbed so youā€™ll be ready for the next event! We are at discord.gg/ageofmods

1 Like

After a certain amount of time, your posts get locked out and canā€™t be edited anymore, which is why you have that. I suppose you could ask a mod to make it a wiki if you want to be able to edit it whenever.

Lame! But thx for letting me know.