2v2v2v2 and FFa added to ranked mode

Hey guys, I thought it would be pretty sweet if they added 2v2v2v2 and FFA to ranked mode.

·2v2v2v2 could also be just 2v2v2 as long there are multiple teams.

·FFA in ranked could be medium sized map for 5 players, to large maps for 8 players. I’m still thinking that part through. Another option could be having a set number of players for FFA.

·Multiple team and FFA get there own elo ranking

I’m curious what the community thinks! Let me know if you guys like these ideas! I personally think a 2v2v2v2 and FFA would be a great addition to ranked mode

2 Likes

In my eyes ranked is only for the most common games. For niche game modes you still have the lobby to play such games. At least that is my opinion about ranked games. For me 2v2v2v2 and FFA are both niche settings. Feel free to disagree with that opinion.

Some days ago there was a suggestion to Sudden Death to the ranked mode. This was my response:

It was kind of the same as for these game modes. I do think both 2v2v2v2 and FFA can be part of the brawl mode for some time.

1 Like

It’s funny I mostly disagree with your thoughts about the lobby&queue but I agree with this.

That’s a good point. I didn’t consider the small niche aspect. Right now death match has less than 1k on its 1v1 ranked, so that’s some what of a niche game mode too. They should try it for FFA. Maybe have it set to 5 players, on a 6 player map.

Do you think it will be less than 1k active players after 6 months or so? I don’t think so.

And I actually think 2v2v2v2 could become popular. It can be called Multiple Team Random Map

It is in the latest month. You will be only on the ranking if you played at least one game in the latest 28 days.

The same question about DM was ask in the other thread about also a different game mode. Let me quote my answer:

2v2v2v2 and FFA were never that popular as DM was in the past. Since 2v2v2v2 and FFA were there frome the start from AoE II, i dont think they will become much more popular. So i dont believe in the argument ‘I actually think they can become popular’. That can only be used for modes like empire wars or battle royale. If there is a game mode for which ranked could work, then it is EW in my eyes. If Redbull continu with their EW tournaments, i see the pros playing on that ladder as well. But that is a completely different subject. Not something for this thread.

“2v2v2v2 and FFA were never that popular as DM was in the past. Since 2v2v2v2 and FFA were there frome the start from AoE II, i dont think they will become much more popular.”

Where do you get that from? Are there statistics from 1999 when the game came out? I know that pretty much everyone I played with(or talked to about it) played FFA, just on a peer to peer basis.
Don’t see why this wouldn’t bloom now that we even have proper servers to reduce drop problems.

1 Like