5 out of 5 games today had a disconnect in them (4v4 random map)

I would imagine cosmetic bugs or monthly event should take less priority over bug such as game crashing. literally making game unplayable. how can they prioritize monthly event over say, siege tower which crashes game 60% of the time.

we are basically becoming lab rat, actually worse because we paid money for this.

What is the siege tower bug?

build a siege tower
load units inside and unload over the wall
watch game crashes 50% of the time

Adding some more to this topic. Enjoy!

lost_connection

My internet was working fine, I immediately switched to the web browser to check it when I saw this message. This was after ~1h15 playtime.

Oh yea, the reconnect attempts did not work (big surprise!). I had to quit the game. Needless to say, I lost SR because of this.

3 Likes

For just you or for everyone youre playing with too?

It’s just a complete joke. The game is completely unplayable. Like, I really don’t know what more to say. Balance changes, rotating map pool, monthly themed events etc. etc., none of that even matters when these connection issues are STILL happening…

I’ve also recently started checking the server i’m playing on when disconnects happen, and literally 9/10 times it’s the Brazil server…

I’m tempted to keep a record of the games I play, my ping, as well as the number of disconnects that happened and on which server and post here.

1 Like

Another day, still no fix insight. Just had a 4v4 with brazil server ofcourse and was facing goth on my side. So i said there is no way im going to play with lag fest especially against spam goth. Rushed him and he resigned early. 2 seconds later i lose connection to server. Well done.

REMOVE THESE SERVERS UNTIL YOU FIX IT.

1 Like

Did you check what server it was? Was it the Brazil server or a different one?

(different person) … 12h ago had same issue + yes, it was the Brazil server again …

As I read these posts, it might be caused just by one bugged server :smiley:

1 Like

Its happening on US West for me. So its not specific to the Brazil server only.

I also get the “Lost connection to server” message almost every 4v4 game.

I don’t know which server I am playing on though. Where can you see that? I live in Western Europe and I usually play ranked games. So should I always get the Western European server?

When a game is taking place, you can see here which server it is on:

I was watching a streamer last night, and a game was on the Brazil server despite no player being anywhere near there, in terms of the info on Steam that I looked at. A player got disconnected, ruining the game. The next game was on the UK server and had no disconnects.

1 Like

Did you check what server it was? Was it the Brazil server or a different one?

Yes it was brazil, can check on AoE2.net. Immediate indication for me is also the 210-220 ping which is always brazil for me as european.

are you playing from US, Europe, or some other location though?

today 3 games played, 3 games in a row with some player disconnection.

1 Like