A DLC with only single player content

It is no mystery that the campaigns in AoE3 are the weakest in the entire series. While personally I do not mind the ones that we already have, I think campaigns in AoE3 could have been better if they had been more focused on actual historical characters and events than it was. But that is not the point here.

What I wanted to ask was, if there ever was a dlc which was just a set of HISTORICAL campaign missions (and no new Multiplayer content, as in, no new civs) would people be interested in buying it? I am assuming it’s official new content that is reasonably priced and not paid mods like what Victors and Vanquished did for AoE2.

There are people who really enjoy campaigns content, myself included, but I just wanted to know if people had interest in this area.

P.S: I do want to note here that something like KoTM’s historical maps don’t count. Because that’s not single player content. The AI doesn’t know how to play it and when playing multiplayer people probably prefer supremacy/treaty anyway.

19 Likes

A Napoleon Campaign is my biggest wish. Not having a Napoleon campaign in AoE III is crazy with him being so famous and being alive during part of the time frame the game takes place in and having Napoleon being Ai personality for France in the game.

14 Likes

If only there was a mod for that (though I agree there shouldn’t need to be)

2 Likes

I assume that the AoE3 devs back in 2007 saw how beloved the AoM campaign was and choose to make AoE3s’ in a similar manner. With hindsight, that ended up being a major blunder. Smaller campaigns focused around historical figures, like in AoE2, would have been a much better fit.

1 Like

AOE 3 DE needs more campaigns for example Seven Years War.

3 Likes

Yes, a VaV for AoE 3 but well done…

Yes, that’s how it happened… they were already tired of the historical campaigns and since AoM had excellent fictional campaigns, they wanted to do the same with the Fountain of Youth story in AoE 3 and since people didn’t like it, they brought back the historical campaigns in the expansions…

+1 I support the proposal, the game should have some DLC with some historical campaigns. Not all new content has to be focused on multiplayer mode, there are fans who also like to play campaigns and the historical period of Age of Empires 3 can provide many very interesting campaigns, greetings.

1 Like

My two cents

Yes, I think they will be adding DLCs with civs and then when they run out of civs they will make VaV type DLCs with many historical battles of the period… the other is a classic DLC with 3 campaigns with Suleiman, Gustavus Adolphus and Napoleon…

1 Like

Proposal, add a global conquest mode.

Maybe something similar to Battle for Middle Earth 2 Rise of the Witch King, but with some changes to adapt it to AOE3.

We would always start with a detachment wagon and some units to attack or defend ourselves. (in theory on equal terms)

Each map in your possession could give you a choice between a few cards, for example if we have Sierras pampeanas, AraucanĂ­a or Pampa, we could count on Mapuche shipments and if we have all of them we could perhaps have a 25% chance that the Mapuches send a support contingent, perhaps 50 Mapuche Ironwood Clubman and 40 Mapuche Bolas Rider. (they could take 30 minutes of game time to arrive)

Each map could produce resources for the metropolis, these can be used to build defenses on already conquered maps, train units to serve as reinforcements in attacks on other maps or also to hire specific groups of mercenaries. (the amount of reinforcements would affect how quickly they would arrive on the map to help, minimum 5 minutes and maximum 20 minutes)

It would be great if in order to defeat a player you had to lay siege to their capital and this would be a city similar to the one on the Great Turkish War map, although I suppose it would have to be a special 20 minute treaty map to give the attacking player time to receive their reinforcements and prepare for the siege.

The defender would not be able to access the attacker’s zone until the treaty period ends and the attacker would have access to many natural resources, on the contrary the defender would only have access to wood, plantations and mills, so the treaty deck could be perfect to defend yourself from the siege.

I think this would also involve expanding the number of maps, minor civilizations and obviously major civilizations.

This is my proposal, something in keeping with the original spirit of the game and that will provide many hours of fun. :smile:

1 Like

AoE 3 was originally going to have that mode taking it from RoN…EE3 ended up adopting it replacing the classic campaigns…

2 Likes

It’s a shame that conquest mode never made it to AOE3, it could have been used for the campaign mode as well, it could have been an improved version of the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War campaign.

1 Like

Yes, it’s quite an issue… but still, the door remains open… in KotM they included the tycoon mode, in this Baltic DLC they can include a battle royale mode based on the historical map of The Deluge and then in another DLC, perhaps the last in several years, a “conquer the world” mode…

Maybe they could call it “Grand Conquest”?

Yeah, it’s a good name too…